Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>TaxAct Form 8829 Issue
Lyss 09:03 PM 02-16-2013
I did my taxes myself (on paper) first using the 2012 Tax workbook (Tom's; ) and I know my numbers are correct. I've seen some of you post that you have used TaxAct so I'm wondering if anyone has ran into this issue.

I had no problems with the software until I paid and then could access all my forms. I could preview my 1040 before paid and all the information that was transferred to my 1040 from my schedule C and 8829 was correct so I assumed that the forms themselves were correct, but this is not the case with my 8829.

Line 5 is entered as the full year number (8,784) but I only worked part of last year (5880). The weird thing is that the calculation of line 6 and line 7 (my t/s%) is based off my actual hours worked. So line 6 and beyond are actually correct but if the IRS looks at line 5 and divides it by my hours worked (line 4)they will get a different amount and think my whole return is wrong.

I've emailed support but no response as of yet and I'm wondering if I should just demand a refund (I haven't e filed yet)
Tags:form 8829, taxact
Up