Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kid Sized Pitchers....
youretooloud 08:39 PM 05-11-2011
My kids (two and up) pour their own water from pitchers. I have three pitchers from Wal Mart. I bought them many years ago.

But, lately, the kids have been saying "this tastes funny". So, I poured some from the pitcher, and sure enough the pitcher has a weird taste. They are plastic.

Now, I can't find any to replace them with. I need something small that even a two year old can use. I can find the old kind, but I'm leery of those now, I'd like something a little less "plasticy"

Have any of you ever seen any? Where would I look?

Edited to add: I remember back in the 80s, we had some reddish brown ones. They were very common, and they had a lid with a button on top. Anybody remember those?
daycare 10:09 PM 05-11-2011
I still have mine it's tuperware! It's in my hope chest. Lol
melskids 02:35 AM 05-12-2011
i do to.....lol but i found mine at a yard sale

you could also look up montessori supplies online. they use little glass pitchers, just right for little hands. they are pretty thick and sturdy. ive seen them drop on the floor and not break.
PitterPatter 03:56 AM 05-12-2011
The old Kool-Aid pitcher and cups would be perfect. Maybe u can find those somehwere. I still have mine from when I was a kid but I don't use them. Maybe I should dig those out.

What about those drink jugs that look like mini gallons? I think I saw them at Walmart.
Pammie 04:17 AM 05-12-2011
Lakeshore (lakeshorelearning.com) has a set of #6 pitchers for $19. They are plastic, but have great pour spouts. I've had mine for awhile now, and haven't had issue with funny tastes from them:-) Best part is each child has their own pitcher - and they're the perfect size for little hands.

Just an FYI - if you have a lakeshore store near you, you can have your order shipped to the store for free:-)
SilverSabre25 06:13 AM 05-12-2011
I got a nice small sized pitcher from Ikea recently.
Missani 06:17 AM 05-12-2011
I use the Lakeshore ones. I wish you didn't have to buy 6, but they are affordable so it works.
countrymom 06:31 AM 05-12-2011
tupperware. So you let the kids pour thier own drinks. That would be a disastor in my house. And I would have kids who would fill up on water and then not eat anything.
youretooloud 06:37 AM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
tupperware. So you let the kids pour thier own drinks. That would be a disastor in my house. And I would have kids who would fill up on water and then not eat anything.
The two year olds spill a lot. But, it's only water. They do drink a lot more water than they do if I don't put the pitchers out... but, they still seem to eat lunch though, so that hasn't been a problem. The only hassle is they go to the bathroom more.
bice99 07:16 AM 05-12-2011
The one you remember is Tupperware. We had the same one.LOL
youretooloud 08:40 AM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by bice99:
The one you remember is Tupperware. We had the same one.LOL
I went and looked on Ebay.. they were Tupperware. Cutest things ever!

I ended up ordering two Small Tupperware syrup pitchers because the price was so good. I hope I like them.

Otherwise, the Lakeshore ones are perfect.
sharlan 08:44 AM 05-12-2011
Have you tried filling them up with hot water and some baking soda, letting them soak for awhile? That might take the odor/flavor out.
Tags:pitchers, tupperware
Reply Up