Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One of Those Days
LittleD 06:54 AM 02-20-2013
I was hoping the week-end would help clear up my 2 sick dcks, but nope! Now I've got it too. I do notice that between Feb and March this cough always pops up its head!
DCB was off for one day last week due to croup.
Next day dcg had fever of 100.6 before lunch. Sent her home to have mom say she woke up from nap fine, no fever and playing normal so she'll be coming back the next day she comes and she's crankier then usual, low grade fever of 99 after lunch. Figured there was a chance she had Tylenol before she came
After nap she laid on the couch and fever was 100.2. As she's leaving wither her dad, she throws up 3x! All over her, her dad and my rug! He offered to bring my rug home and clean it and says, well maybe she may have to stay home tomorrow. We'll see how she does tonight. I said Umm, no, she will need to stay home tomorrow especially since she wasn't well yesterday.

Both of them are here today, thick non-stop boogers, chesty cough and cranky dispositions.

My chest burns and I spent all day Sunday in bed with aches and pains.
When will it be spring???
Country Kids 06:58 AM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by LittleD:
I was hoping the week-end would help clear up my 2 sick dcks, but nope! Now I've got it too. I do notice that between Feb and March this cough always pops up its head!
Next day dcg had fever of 100.6 before lunch. Sent her home to have mom say she woke up from nap fine, no fever and playing normal so she'll be coming back the next day she comes and she's crankier then usual, low grade fever of 99 after lunch. Figured there was a chance she had Tylenol before she came
After nap she laid on the couch and fever was 100.2. As she's leaving wither her dad, she throws up 3x! All over her, her dad and my rug! He offered to bring my rug home and clean it and says, well maybe she may have to stay home tomorrow. We'll see how she does tonight. I said Umm, no, she will need to stay home tomorrow especially since she wasn't well yesterday.

Both of them are here today, thick non-stop boogers, chesty cough and cranky dispositions.

Send them both home now and you go to bed. It sounds like a germ fest at your house. I would send them home, open all the windows for an hour and go to bed for the day.
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by LittleD:

I know it sucks for parents to miss work, but honestly you need to have some sticter rules regarding your illness policies.

The nromal rule for fever is 24 hours AFTER fever has gone away. The little one who had a temp before lunch should not have been allowed to return the following day.

Adhering to the 24 hour MINIMUM rule really does have a significant impact on curbing any illnesses.

My rule is 24 hours if parents keep them home and if I send the child home from care, they can't return for 48 hours. I cannot stress enough to other providers how well that policy works.

I am sorry you are feeling sick! I hope you feel better soon!

I would also seriously consider sending your DCK's home and getting some much needed rest. You will be glad you did
LittleD 07:48 AM 02-20-2013
Thanks Country Kids and BlackCat. My husband is home so I will go and lay down at nap and leave him the monitor. Sending them home won't do any good because we've done this cold before, it has to play itself out. They are cranky but not inconsolable.

For me, this cough is only gonna get worse. It can last a month. I just want to skip the next 2 mths til things are better lol! Watch I just jinxed myself and we will pass this around for the next 4mths

As for opening the windows, I would if it wasn't -18 F (For us Canadians -28 C ) today We just have to tough this out.

I saw another post about illness policies and I actually do have one in place because of parents in the past. I know how hard it is to take time off for every cough, runny/stuffy nose, and because we seem to spend so much time with winter it is inevitable! Low grade fever's without other symptoms, I tend to be lenient with.

Stomach bugs are a different story!
Country Kids 07:53 AM 02-20-2013
I have two out for the week due to bronchitis and the parents are off work with it also.

You know they have it bad when they call Monday and are calling the kids out for the entire week!

One of the mamas told me the pharmacies are running out of the z packs for this also.
LittleD 04:23 PM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I have two out for the week due to bronchitis and the parents are off work with it also.

You know they have it bad when they call Monday and are calling the kids out for the entire week!

One of the mamas told me the pharmacies are running out of the z packs for this also.
Wow! A whole week for bronchitis? Is it contagious? No one I know has had they for a few years.

Whats a Z pack?
Reply Up