Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Swingset
irishdancer 12:09 PM 04-12-2013
So my wooden swing set has just about called it quits. Only had four years so a little disappointed in it. I have all 4 yr olds and under what do you guys use for swing sets.
Blackcat31 12:18 PM 04-12-2013
Originally Posted by irishdancer:
So my wooden swing set has just about called it quits. Only had four years so a little disappointed in it. I have all 4 yr olds and under what do you guys use for swing sets.
We have a wooden swingset too.

I can't believe yours only lasted 4 years! Were the kids rough on it or did the wood rot?

Where did you get it from?

My DH made ours using huge posts and commercial grade swings.

The one's you buy at like Wal-Mart are kind of a joke! The wood timbers they use are ridiculously small and not at all sturdy.
irishdancer 12:22 PM 04-12-2013
Bought from Toys r us. Live in South Florida, wood is rotted. It was such a pain to put together. Debating on the metal cheaper ones. Not sure if I could get a few years out of it. Hate spending $1000. Not sure how much longer I want to do this.
Blackcat31 12:24 PM 04-12-2013
Yeah, maybe with the ocean air down there metal would be a better option.

We went years without one. The kids LOVE swings but it became a hassle so I stopped having any for a while. No one notice.
KDC 12:47 PM 04-12-2013
I have this one, except it doesn't have the 'extra' swing on the left side by the clubhouse. We have 2 regular swings & 1 bucket swing. I have a love/hate relationship with it. We do have a sandbox at the bottom and the kids will spend hours playing (and are shaded), but the house becomes a sandpit... Always worried when the little ones are out there that they'll get smacked by the older ones swinging on the swing. Also, I HATE spending hours upon hours being a referee and swing pusher. At some point, they need to learn to pump themselves or too bad, so sad.

http://www.rainbowplay.com/index.php...ubhouse-pkg-ii

We just re stained it last year and it's about 7 yrs. old. It's still in pretty good shape, but have had to sand it and stain it 2 times already. The sandbox gets redone every year.
Country Kids 12:52 PM 04-12-2013
We have had our swingset for 17 years! My dad arrived one day with it for my odd and spent the day putting together. We had two at one time but having two takes up massive amounts of room but I did win alot of clients with having the two. Everyone was very understanding when we took it down.

I would love though to get a huge one from costco but the $$$$ is what stops me.
countrymom 01:04 PM 04-12-2013
wow, ours even survived a tornado that picked it up (1000 pounds) and threw it next to my pool. It took 4 people to put it back. I've had metal ones too and they do last a long time. Look on craigslist, people are always getting rid of them. One of our swingsets came from the garbage, they guy was hauling it out and I made dh stop and pick it up, it was an expensive one too.
Auntie'sHouse 03:07 PM 04-12-2013
just purchased a swing set from walmart for $199. 9 kids can ride at 1 time. so excited..waiting for it to arrive..
youretooloud 03:11 PM 04-12-2013
We had these
http://www.danaplayground.com/catego...l-playgrounds/

It looked as good after 8 years as it did the day it was put in. But, I don't know if it's only local to me.

We have searing heat here too, so they suggested the yellow slide, and it was almost never too hot to use. (it was in shade part of the day, and rarely used in the summer)
Meeko 04:41 PM 04-12-2013
I don't have one because Utah is getting just plain weird with the regs. Pages and pages of do's and dont's. It's not worth the hassle for me.

We have two playhouses now and various ride ons, balls, hula hoops, etc.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:42 PM 04-12-2013
I don't have a swingset now. I prefer the little tykes climbers and houses.
slpender 05:22 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by irishdancer:
Bought from Toys r us. Live in South Florida, wood is rotted. It was such a pain to put together. Debating on the metal cheaper ones. Not sure if I could get a few years out of it. Hate spending $1000. Not sure how much longer I want to do this.
I am in South Florida also if you want the wooden ones to last here you have to seal them about every 6 mnths or so. The metal ones rust and don't hold up as long ,If you don't want to go with wood again I would look into the Little Tykes ones.
Angelsj 11:50 AM 04-13-2013
We did Kid's creations
They are kind of expensive, but we have replaces the canopy, one of the trapeze bars and a glider for free. Sturdiness wise, we are going on nine years and the wood is as good as new.
We even moved it and it is wonderful.
countrymom 05:03 AM 04-14-2013
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
We had these
http://www.danaplayground.com/catego...l-playgrounds/

It looked as good after 8 years as it did the day it was put in. But, I don't know if it's only local to me.

We have searing heat here too, so they suggested the yellow slide, and it was almost never too hot to use. (it was in shade part of the day, and rarely used in the summer)
I want the monkeybar set 1, my older kids would love it.
DaisyMamma 11:59 AM 04-14-2013
The Toys R Us swing sets are junk. Walmart sells the same ones.

We have one from Lowes, spent about $600 on the whole thing. It's great so far. It's 3 years old and looks new.

If you don't know how much longer you want to do this then get a metal one from Walmart, they are cheap and durable.
Tags:swingset
Reply Up