Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>TGI (Almost!) F!
SilverSabre25 05:03 AM 08-16-2012
It's only 8 AM. I've been working for all of about half an hour. And in that time, I have:

~had I STUPID little fight with DH (I asked him to grab two checks that need deposited to put in the bank on his way home tonight; I can't do it because we only have one car atm and I'm stranded here tonight again and we're in 24-hour grace, which means we're about to overdraw the account. He got angry and yelled at me that he didn't have the time to grab two pieces of paper from the envelope by the door he leaves by)

~Listened to my 4.5 yo dcb inform me, "Well, but I know everything about the whole entire planet." And oh, he believes it, too. He has an opinion about EVERYTHING, and he's been sharing it...every time anyone opens their mouth...since he got here...he also comments on ev.ery.thing "Miss Silver, the baby looks tired." <--about the baby in my arms who just yawned and I am *looking at the baby very obviously* "*loud thud from the shelf beside where I'm sitting* Miss Silver, the baby knocked the books down. Miss Silver I'm going to pretend [whatever]." And just now, DD told me that she couldn't let the cat in and DCB said, "Miss Silver, she can't let that cat in." No SH** sherlock! She just said it! YOU DON"T NEED TO REPEAT IT!

~Have dealt with my 3.5 yo dcg who is soooo bossy--trying to order everyone to do things for her: "DCB, come carry these cars for me! DCB the sun is hurting my eyes, come stand by me so it can't!" <---nope, not kidding, I was like You have GOT to be kidding me. "Do it yourself" is basically my mantra with this child lately. She also is the one that cries no matter what you say to her or how gently you say it, so "No no he doesn't need to do that, block the sun yourself, like this" engenders hysterics as does "If you need help carrying them, maybe you need to make two trips."

I was up a lot during the night with DS, then when he woke up again at 6:30 I asked DH to get up 15 minutes earlier than he usually does so I could sleep for an extra 45 (after being up for a total of 2 hrs between midnight and 6:30 AM), and DH grumped at me and said, "Sure I'll get up with him in 15 minutes". No, now please...and he stomped off, annoyed at me. And I just looked down and found that DS's diaper fell off again...and he's fully clothed so I do NOT know how this is happening.

Like really. It feels like a Monday. And all this in only 30 minutes?! Ai yi yi. Good bye, if you need me I'll be the one in the corner pounding my head against the wall...
christinaskids 07:24 AM 08-16-2012
Ugh I feel the same! Im tired of breaking up toddler fights every five seconds. My oldest dcb has some behavioral issues and im just tired of it. My own son drives me crazy and yesterday I found a bedbug where a dcb slept! Doing daycare is totally not worth a bedbug infestattion, I heard that is almost impossible to get rid of. Ugh im about fed up! Im so glad I took tomorrow off hopefully Monday my batteries will be recharged.
littlemisssunshine 07:35 AM 08-16-2012
We are definetly having the same week :-(
Blackcat31 07:36 AM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
No SH** sherlock! She just said it! YOU DON"T NEED TO REPEAT IT!
Disclaimer: NOT making fun OF you......

But I say that phrase (in my head of course) a million times a day sometimes so it was funny and refreshing to see others do it too!

Gotta love how the kids YOU take care of feel the need to tell you how your job needs or should be done!! I have a DCG (kindy age) right now who literally narrates our entire day and often repeats everything I say to the other kids. I don't think she has figured out yet that she is actually a daycare kid too and not the provider.

Makes the days interesting though!
SilverSabre25 09:05 AM 08-16-2012
@Blackcat I am also glad that I'm not the only one! When I posted that I was worried I'd get flamed (:P) but seriously, I think it all the time! Also, I tend to think of the line from the The Princess Bride where the grandpa says to Fred Savage, "Yes, you're very smart. Now shut up." I frequently say the first part and think the second

@littlemisssunshine I think we both deserve a big piece of something yummy tomorrow night...

@christinaskids ew! Bedbugs! GROSS! Oh, that makes me shivery just thinking about it. one of my worst nightmares. Did you notify the parents? I definitely would! They need to know and you definitely need to take some precautions about this!
daycarediva 10:40 AM 08-16-2012
I had a kid bring in FLEAS last week. W.T.F. I have a cat! WAH! I went nutso vacuuming and the Mom said the dog is now treated and showed me the vet receipt but EW EW EW EW EWWWWWWWW one jumped right off of him onto the floor.
Meeko 11:16 AM 08-16-2012
It's only 8 AM. I've been working for all of about half an hour. And in that time, I have:

~had I STUPID little fight with DH (I asked him to grab two checks that need deposited to put in the bank on his way home tonight; I can't do it because we only have one car atm and I'm stranded here tonight again and we're in 24-hour grace, which means we're about to overdraw the account. He got angry and yelled at me that he didn't have the time to grab two pieces of paper from the envelope by the door he leaves by)

~Listened to my 4.5 yo dcb inform me, "Well, but I know everything about the whole entire planet." And oh, he believes it, too. He has an opinion about EVERYTHING, and he's been sharing it...every time anyone opens their mouth...since he got here...he also comments on ev.ery.thing "Miss Silver, the baby looks tired." <--about the baby in my arms who just yawned and I am *looking at the baby very obviously* "*loud thud from the shelf beside where I'm sitting* Miss Silver, the baby knocked the books down. Miss Silver I'm going to pretend [whatever]." And just now, DD told me that she couldn't let the cat in and DCB said, "Miss Silver, she can't let that cat in." No SH** sherlock! She just said it! YOU DON"T NEED TO REPEAT IT!

~Have dealt with my 3.5 yo dcg who is soooo bossy--trying to order everyone to do things for her: "DCB, come carry these cars for me! DCB the sun is hurting my eyes, come stand by me so it can't!" <---nope, not kidding, I was like You have GOT to be kidding me. "Do it yourself" is basically my mantra with this child lately. She also is the one that cries no matter what you say to her or how gently you say it, so "No no he doesn't need to do that, block the sun yourself, like this" engenders hysterics as does "If you need help carrying them, maybe you need to make two trips."

I was up a lot during the night with DS, then when he woke up again at 6:30 I asked DH to get up 15 minutes earlier than he usually does so I could sleep for an extra 45 (after being up for a total of 2 hrs between midnight and 6:30 AM), and DH grumped at me and said, "Sure I'll get up with him in 15 minutes". No, now please...and he stomped off, annoyed at me. And I just looked down and found that DS's diaper fell off again...and he's fully clothed so I do NOT know how this is happening.

Like really. It feels like a Monday. And all this in only 30 minutes?! Ai yi yi. Good bye, if you need me I'll be the one in the corner pounding my head against the wall...
Hang in there! We've all been there.......
DaisyMamma 12:26 PM 08-16-2012
Omg. Bad week here too. My DH typically has the same tude. I feel for you!
jojosmommy 12:51 PM 08-16-2012
My thoughts exactly!

By 8:15 I found myself thinking "what is the malfunction here?!?!" It was me.... attitude check, sanity restored. Just under 3 hours and Im off for the weekend!! Surprise day off tomorrow thanks to a dcp schedule change .
PitterPatter 08:10 PM 08-16-2012

I thought my family was the only ones that used that phrase!! Thank you for letting me know I am not alone! I have said it in front of friends and neighbors and they either give me a look like huh? or ask what that means. Well duh obviously you are NO Sherlock! lol Sooo glad to see that posted!

I have said quite a few inapropriate things about the kids in my head over the years this being 1.

Hope your Friday is better and your weekend is great!
saved4always 04:11 AM 08-17-2012
Yesterday was not my best day. Thank God it is FRIDAY today!!!!!!

Praying for a fast-moving, no-problem day for me and all you other providers out there!!!!!
countrymom 04:53 AM 08-17-2012
sounds like my week, too, I'm glad its friday.
Reply Up