Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Provider Takes Vacation Out The Country and Leaves Helpers?
Cinthia 02:28 PM 12-04-2012
I have a question is right that the person who has the license for the daycare take vacation out the country and leave the daycare with the other 3 ladies that help her ?
daycare 02:33 PM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by Cinthia:
I have a question is right that the person who has the license for the daycare take vacation out the country and leave the daycare with the other 3 ladies that help her ?
it all depends on what the state licensing laws are in her state. In California you can do this with written permission from your licensing agent.
Lawson2 02:38 PM 12-04-2012
Our provider just took a trip to the Bahamas and left the children with the part time helper and the occasional helper. To be honest, I didn't think anything of it. I am fully confident that the helpers know what they are doing and I wouldn't stand in the way of our provider taking a much needed vacation! I couldn't imagine working 55 hours a week and having someone dictate where or when I could go! I give you providers a lot of credit!
daycare 02:41 PM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by Lawson2:
Our provider just took a trip to the Bahamas and left the children with the part time helper and the occasional helper. To be honest, I didn't think anything of it. I am fully confident that the helpers know what they are doing and I wouldn't stand in the way of our provider taking a much needed vacation! I couldn't imagine working 55 hours a week and having someone dictate where or when I could go! I give you providers a lot of credit!
OMG can I clone you....

I would love to work with parents like you who are so understanding.... You have a wonderful heart!!!

BTW 55 hours a week is probably an understatement, but so happy you could even think of how hard your DCP works
Willow 02:44 PM 12-04-2012
As long as they meet licensing requirements - which here entails a background check and specific trainings - then I don't see a thing wrong with that.

I think it's incredibly considerate when providers are willing to provide back up care for parents in the event of their absence. Can be an incredibly tough thing to coordinate depending on the circumstances, and it certainly isn't required.
thatdivalady 02:59 PM 12-04-2012
If the provider let the parent know that these would be the arrangements I don't see any problem with it. I have 2 additional people who cover me when I have appointments, training, vacation, etc. By having additional people I offer my parents the ability to have child care coverage even when I have time off. Which, by the way, is MUCH needed! My parents would always prefer to have someone cover rather than have to find another provider.
Cat Herder 12:19 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Lawson2:
Thank you!

This was just the pick me up I needed today.
Tags:vacation
Reply Up