Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Lactose Free Recipes
Scout 02:07 PM 06-25-2013
Would any of you ladies have any lactose free recipes for me?? Thanks!!
butterfly 09:44 AM 06-26-2013
Anything in particular you are looking for? I eat dairy free (and gluten free). I substitute almond milk for milk in recipes (you could use lactose free milk). For butter, in baking I use crisco or blue bonnet light is dairy free. There are lots of other dairy free options available too, but these are available in our small community. Mostly I just read labels and buy things that don't have milk in them.
Scout 07:04 PM 06-26-2013
Just suggestions for lunch options for an 11 mo old that will be joining my group soon! I will use lactaid for his meals to cook with but, are there any yogurts, cheeses, etc. that are good? I have never dealt with this before so I didn't know if it is as easy as not adding milk products and substituting other milk? Thanks!!
Cradle2crayons 08:02 PM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
Just suggestions for lunch options for an 11 mo old that will be joining my group soon! I will use lactaid for his meals to cook with but, are there any yogurts, cheeses, etc. that are good? I have never dealt with this before so I didn't know if it is as easy as not adding milk products and substituting other milk? Thanks!!
Yoplait makes lactose free yogurt, it's got a green label and lots of flavor choices... I buy it at Kroger.

GO veggie! Makes lactose free cheeses... Also available at Kroger...

My daughter didn't like lactaid so we just bought regular lactose free Borden milk... She liked the taste better.

Hth
Scout 05:11 AM 06-27-2013
TY~I know mom uses the lactaid so I would think making pancakes, etc. with it is good. I can't imagine not having milk products in my diet!
JoseyJo 01:25 PM 07-01-2013
We have a dcg who is VERY lactose intolerant, no cheese, no milk in recipe, no powered cheese (like cheddar flavored rice cakes), - our food program only allows goat or soy as replacement and her mom doesn't want her having soy We use goat milk for liquid milk and in recipes. Cheese is more difficult since goat cheese can be really strong and she doesn't like it much. We use PB a lot, or almond butter, hummus, bean dip in the place of cheese. When I cook something milk free I save a couple servings for her in the freezer to serve when we have something that is too difficult to take all the milk/cheese out of.

I would love other suggestions!
Blackcat31 02:32 PM 07-01-2013
This site has a library of lactose free recipes. Everything from breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and everything in between.

http://www.food.com/recipes/lactose
Scout 02:35 PM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Apparently this site has a library of lactose free recipes. Everything from breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and everything in between.

BC. YOU.ARE.AWESOME!!!!THANK YOU
Scout 02:37 PM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by joseyjo:
we have a dcg who is very lactose intolerant, no cheese, no milk in recipe, no powered cheese (like cheddar flavored rice cakes), - our food program only allows goat or soy as replacement and her mom doesn't want her having soy we use goat milk for liquid milk and in recipes. Cheese is more difficult since goat cheese can be really strong and she doesn't like it much. We use pb a lot, or almond butter, hummus, bean dip in the place of cheese. When i cook something milk free i save a couple servings for her in the freezer to serve when we have something that is too difficult to take all the milk/cheese out of.

I would love other suggestions!
i like the idea of freezing his servings, sorry for all caps-2 yo in lap!!
JoseyJo 03:38 PM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This site has a library of lactose free recipes. Everything from breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and everything in between.

Thanks so much!!!
Reply Up