Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh Really??
SuperMomma 05:30 PM 11-05-2012
Ok so as you all may or may not know, I have just begun advertising for my new in-home daycare. Well Just the other night I received an email in response to my CL ad from a woman who needed care for her children. The email was pretty vague so I responded to her with the following email:

Hello ***X,
I am responding to the email you sent me regarding my childcare services. As stated in my ad ,I run an in-home daycare from my home Monday- Friday between the hours of 6:30 am - 6pm. I have over 16 years of experience in childcare and I am Certified in Early Childhood Education as well as CPR and First Aid. I accept children from ages 3 months old to 4 years old. I also accept school aged children ages 5-11 for before and after school care. What are the ages of your children and what days/ hours were you looking for care? Please call or email me so that we can set something up!

She responds with:
Thanks for the response - My kids are coming to your location because
i will be traveling for a seminar program which will last for 1 month
starting date for the seminar is Nov15th- Dec 15th and its a part-time
job with flexible time which allow you to do other jobs and still have
this present job. Your primary responsibilities will include light
preparing meals for children and grocery shopping, running errands and
laundry, etc. Typical Salary - you will be paid $200 a week for the 4
weeks will be $1,000.And the number of children to be cared for are 3
kids ***x 14, ***x 10 and ***x 6 . I will make arrangement for a
proper meeting before the starting date for the seminar and i will let
you know the time and day for the face to face meeting. If you don't
have a transportation I'll arrange for that including fund for gas for
the 4 weeks and if you have a transportation fund will be included for
gas.
I await to read from you.

Ok, now is it me or did this woman TOTALLY disregard everything that was in my ad and my return email. And furthermore it seems as if this woman thinks I will be working for her.

Please, Please, Please HELP!
ABCDaycareMN 05:34 PM 11-05-2012
Scam! Scam! Scam!
Zoe 05:36 PM 11-05-2012
It's a scam. It's a general message to you no matter what you wrote to them. If you respond again they'll start talking about how they have to send a check that's written out for more than what you need and you can send them the difference. Then of course if you did that you'd find out that the check they send you is fake and they've got your money.

Ignore it or report it, but don't buy into it.
Lilbutterflie 05:38 PM 11-05-2012
I've gotten one a lot like this, too! It's total spam, scam, however you want to say it!

When it sounds fishy- it usually always is!
SilverSabre25 05:58 PM 11-05-2012
scam!! It's tricky to see through those sometimes but yeah, totally a scam.
Scout 06:02 PM 11-05-2012
Ugh...scam. i get these all the time! After a while I can tell just by reading the original email & wont respond. sorry for you having to deal with these idiots!
EchoMom 06:46 PM 11-05-2012
Yes, it's junk. I've seen similar.
Southern Mama 06:52 PM 11-05-2012
YUP! SPAM! I just got the same exact one two days ago! CL is almost more of a hassle than it is any good anymore.
Lyss 07:11 PM 11-05-2012
I get the exact emails (and the "i'm moving from overseas... blah blah blah")!! Spam!! Run!
Mom&Provider 05:38 AM 11-06-2012
I think the delete button is in order! I would not reply to that email or any additional one that is sent.
shelby 06:13 AM 11-06-2012
SCAM! I just got one yesterday, and was like ... delete!
SuperMomma 01:02 PM 11-06-2012
Wow! I am going to delete this email immediately. Thank you all for responding.
Tags:advertising scams, craigs list, scam
Reply Up