Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mean Girls
Britt507 12:24 PM 11-16-2018
In my daycare, we have three little girls that are starting to be mean to another little girl and sometimes the youngest one of the three. We have tried separating the three, and keeping them apart but it does not seem to work.

I have been trying to think of a good way to help these girls with their behavior and actions. And consequences for their actions.

What works for you?
Rockgirl 12:57 PM 11-16-2018
What works for me? To never have an odd number of girls.

Sorry, I do understand....I had a group of three who were on a Regina George level of mean to each other. They aged out and went off to school, and there is peace here again.
Unregistered 01:25 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
What works for me? To never have an odd number of girls.

Sorry, I do understand....I had a group of three who were on a Regina George level of mean to each other. They aged out and went off to school, and there is peace here again.

I've noticed mean girls either have mean parents and/or rule the roost at home. Parents tend to be no help in these situations. What I do is turn the other girls on the leader. Say she eye rolls. "I'm sorry you can't use play dough if you're rolling your eyes at someone". Usually, the bad behaviors stop in a week or less.
Tags:contagious behavior, curriculum - age appropriate, mean behavior, separating children
Reply Up