Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need a change!
karebykim 11:11 AM 03-16-2015
After 10 years of childcare, I really would like a change. The problem is I am 40 years old and have been a stay at home mom/daycare provider for so long I am no longer sure what I would like to do. Has anyone you have known successfully transitioned from provider to another profession? Any ideas?
Unregistered 11:16 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by karebykim:
After 10 years of childcare, I really would like a change. The problem is I am 40 years old and have been a stay at home mom/daycare provider for so long I am no longer sure what I would like to do. Has anyone you have known successfully transitioned from provider to another profession? Any ideas?
I'm the same almost. 11 years of dc and I'm 37
Blackcat31 11:48 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by karebykim:
No advice as I passed year 20 a long time ago and don't plan on quitting any time soon but just wanted to say welcome to the forum!
Annalee 11:51 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
No advice as I passed year 20 a long time ago and don't plan on quitting any time soon but just wanted to say welcome to the forum!
^^^^^same here!
Josiegirl 02:27 PM 03-16-2015
Did you go to college or maybe want to test the waters by taking a course here or there? There is so much out there, but it's hard to think beyond children(at least for me, I think I'm a lifer). But I assume you want to get away from any kind of children related profession?
I've always wanted to work in a library. I think I'd enjoy the difference in noise level there.
What did you do before children came into your life? Anything from that time that you can build on or explore again?
Reply Up