Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding It All Day!
Unregistered 10:33 AM 12-08-2016
Parents of 3 year old girl with speech delays started potty training last week. She only comes to me two days a week Monday and Friday. She holds it all day long doesn't pee her paints or in the toilet and mom says she hasn't pooped either. Child doesn't tell me she has to go I have to undress her and put her on the toilet. She also wet her paints here the other day. I plan on putting a diaper on her and the underwear over it. Anything else I should be doing? Should I tell the parents she isn't ready yet? Holding it all day can't be good on her kidneys. Parents says she holds it at home too.
debbiedoeszip 12:27 PM 12-08-2016
Yes, I would absolutely put her back in diapers. She is really not ready. I know this because my DS would hold it too if I sent him to daycare in undies (at their request, to force the issue). She needs to be willing to potty train and she obviously isn't willing. Everyone involved needs to let her train in her own time and be confident that she won't be going off to college still in diapers. My DS was a few months past his 4th birthday when he decided that peeing on the potty/toilet was a good thing, and he never had an accident once he trained. Put her back in diapers and keep asking her periodically if she wants to try the potty/toilet, but don't force her.
Reply Up