Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Parents Vent.....
lilcupcakes09 06:33 AM 11-17-2011
This has just made my day- all week I have had the runny nose, itchy throat, coughing all night, etc.....but I have still been watching all the kids, just taking a lazy week...you would think parents would be considerate as they can tell I don't feel good right???
Not the case, I call a mom this morning after 2 1/2 DCB has been here since the minute I opened this morning(actually in my driveway waiting 20 mins before I opened, but I didn't let them in till 630 sharp!!!), he has been fussing and crying about everything, threw an all out tantrum when I turned disney channel off because it was breakfast time, not his normal. I asked mom if he was cranky yesterday evening as he was after waking up from his nap until pick up yesterday, with a slight runny nose starting yesterday. She replies"no he was good". Come to find out mom went to work for an hour and went home because she didn't feel good.....so she is at home resting or whatever, while I am here, feeling like crap myself, with her whiney kid who doesn't feel well himself!!!!!
Totally disrespectful !!! But I forgot, they PAY me to watch him!!

He is always my first drop off and very last to be picked up, usually within my 10 minute after closing no charge pickup time, but better not be today or mom just might meet a very cranky sick daycare lady at the door considering I know she is home!!!!
dEHmom 06:48 AM 11-17-2011
I know how you feel, get well soon.

I had the same thing, a mom dropped off her sick kid, and she knew I really hurt my back and wasn't going to be able to get off the couch much. And then she told me she was staying home because of her headache. And while I realize a headache/migraine is pretty painful, her reason was she couldn't handle both of her kids. I'm thinking to myself, nice, I can't get off the couch and have 4 kids, and you can't handle your own 2 children? 1 of which sleeps for the majority of the day.
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency, illness policy, illness policy - samples, training
Reply Up