Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Ever Had This Happen?
coolconfidentme 06:48 AM 11-20-2013
I have a 10 month old, barely 17 lbs baby, who climbs outta his walker. He is tiny & takes breathing treatments to boot. He is fearless & a very happy baby...., but he can climb outta his walker, onto the couch & now trying to climb the baby gate. Cute as snot, reminds me of Tommy Pickles from the Rug Rats, lol. I've had him since he was 3.5 mths old.

Any suggestions?
momofsix 06:53 AM 11-20-2013
No suggestions but this was my dd 20 years ago Tiny littlest thing. One time she managed to wiggle out of her car seat even I always had to keep both eyes on her!
jenboo 07:12 AM 11-20-2013
oh, I had one that started walking at 9 months and before 10 months figured out how to climb on toys to get on the couch. Then by 10 months, he didnt need those toys anymore. He climbs everything!
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 11-20-2013
Yep. Had one of my own. He walked unassisted at 6.5 months.

Once a child begins to do things like that, it definitely time to take the equipment away.

Let him explore his world using his own devices (hands/feet)

Those are the little monkeys you really have to be on top off too....they always seem to be into everything and at warpspeed too!
e.j. 12:21 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yep. Had one of my own. He walked unassisted at 6.5 months.

Once a child begins to do things like that, it definitely time to take the equipment away.

Let him explore his world using his own devices (hands/feet)

Those are the little monkeys you really have to be on top off too....they always seem to be into everything and at warpspeed too!
I agree; time to put the walker away. My dd was also 10 mo when she did this. I watched her as she climbed out of her walker, crawled over to get the toy she wanted and then climbed back into the walker.
Tags:climbers, milestones
Reply Up