Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any fun stuff going on today?
Josiegirl 03:15 AM 06-10-2015
Hopefully it won't rain for the 3rd day in a row and we can actually get outside to play!!!
We've been having fun making ramps for balls, homemade matching games using different objects in the house, having puppet shows out of a big box we made into a puppet theater, and some different sensory play.

I have GOT to start some Father's Day projects though and have been procrastinating over that. I just don't have any doable ideas, except maybe the pictures of Papa get the moon for me, off Pinterest. And a Dad questionnaire.
bklsmum 04:07 AM 06-10-2015
I am putting off Father's Day stuff until next week. We are just doing a simple canvas design with foot and hand prints so it'll go quick. We will spend most of today outside and while the kiddos play I am going to be working on putting together a pool noddle abacus.
mamamanda 05:19 AM 06-10-2015
We have a small garden spot that we're not using this year so my mom is coming over to help till it so there are no weeds & then I'm going to load the dirt patch with diggers, dump trucks, etc & just let them kids play. Good old fashioned messy fun!
Rockgirl 06:13 AM 06-10-2015
We are loading up in the van and heading to the park with balls, bubbles, and a picnic.
Annalee 07:14 AM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Hopefully it won't rain for the 3rd day in a row and we can actually get outside to play!!!
We've been having fun making ramps for balls, homemade matching games using different objects in the house, having puppet shows out of a big box we made into a puppet theater, and some different sensory play.

I have GOT to start some Father's Day projects though and have been procrastinating over that. I just don't have any doable ideas, except maybe the pictures of Papa get the moon for me, off Pinterest. And a Dad questionnaire.
We are making travel mugs with handprints. We got the travel mugs at dollar mart.
kathiemarie 08:11 AM 06-10-2015
Its super muggy (for us anyways) so we are going to the local indoor pool and then a picnic at the park.
Onawhim 08:43 AM 06-10-2015
I have 3 dcks today we baked cookies and then packed a picnic snack and went to the park. We got home for lunch just before the rain started. I'm hoping for a nice long nap so I can get laundry done.
laundrymom 08:46 AM 06-10-2015
We had snack at 7:15, were outside from 7:30-10:30. Came in, had lunch and are already asleep. We will wake early and head back out. I love summer!!
Shell 09:47 AM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
We have a small garden spot that we're not using this year so my mom is coming over to help till it so there are no weeds & then I'm going to load the dirt patch with diggers, dump trucks, etc & just let them kids play. Good old fashioned messy fun!
we did this just prior to planting our garden this year. The kids have never had so much fun. Forget the climber, sandbox, etc- a fun place to play with dirt is all they need!
spud912 10:06 AM 06-10-2015
I have strep for the second time in 6 weeks.....so yeah.....not doing much of anything .
mamamanda 11:28 AM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
we did this just prior to planting our garden this year. The kids have never had so much fun. Forget the climber, sandbox, etc- a fun place to play with dirt is all they need!
This worked out wonderful! We had it done in time for them to play in it for about an hour before lunch and every one of my kids was playing in there and having a blast! Best idea I've ever had for them. They didn't even use the trucks very much. Mostly, they hunted for worms.
Tags:daycare environment
Reply Up