Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't I feel Super Special!!
beachgrl 12:01 PM 12-28-2011
So I sent off my organizational policies and application for upping my star license in February when I become eligible, I should be able to go up to four out of five possible stars! I can only get the fifth by doing the Family Child Care ECERS eval and I am not convinced I want to bother with that but anyway...the state lady calls me this am to set up a time to come out and do the paperwork for upping it since she said I was the first person in her four years to submit the policies to her AND get them approved the first time around!!!

Do you know how many child care centers have applied for that over those years, that is crazy! Made me feel good like I was doing something right lol.
So then she tells me she will come out tomorrow...prolly in the am first thing to meet with me since she has four other appointments that day so now I am trying to think of everything and anything that may need doing or to make sure I am on my p's and q's with all my paperwork and such because I don't know if she will do a compliance visit at same time or what...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

haha, and I want to make sure things are nice and neat and my house is consumed with Christmas mess, so there will be organizing and cleaning going on in anticipation of her visit in the morning. I kinda hope she comes early enough before my kids even get here or not long after...we will see how it goes but how awesome that I am the only one to have my policies right and meet their min requirements especially when we are given a checklist to go by you wouldn't think it would be that hard. but either way made me happy to start my day even if it does put me in a slight panic with her coming in the morning.
Heidi 12:09 PM 12-28-2011
good luck! I hope that if the kids are there, they are super sweet to you!
WImom 12:58 PM 12-28-2011
Good luck! Hopefully it goes well tomorrow!
beachgrl 03:01 PM 12-29-2011
It did gonwell, I knew she was coming to me first because she had several other appointments and although I expected her earlier than she actually came it was due to her running behind. Only one of my littlesmwas there for the visit, the other came up asmshe was in the car getting ready to leave! Dcb just loomed at her and stayed near me lol.

She looked at my parent board and said "nice parent board" as she came in and got her stuff situated. She asked the kids info to put it in my current enrollment sheet and went over all the paperwork needed for going up in stars, signed everything and not sure if she will come back out in feb or not but she may. She said her feb was slammed and that she wouldn't need to come back out just to bring me the paperwork, that as soon as she filed it and all she could sendit out to me and she did a compliance visit on the things she saw while here, asked to see my sleep log for the infant drop in I have but that was pretty much it!

I will be four stars in feb unless I decide I want to have FCCECERS or whatever it's called done to get five eventually...we will see on that one.
I am so excited that it's almost been six months already!

She said see you in feb as she went out the door but I think tha was just habit but then again you. Never know, she may pop in for an unannounced visit then which is fine bc all my stuff should be good either way.
daycare 03:07 PM 12-29-2011
congrats to you... It is the best feeling in the world to have this kind of accomplishment. Here in CA we don't have a rating program like that, so it is hard to get positive feed back from someone that is aware of what a good program is. Congrats to you for all of your hard work...

Sounds like a spa day for you and a nice glass of something to celebrate!! what a way to end the year and START thew new one...
beachgrl 03:18 PM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
congrats to you... It is the best feeling in the world to have this kind of accomplishment. Here in CA we don't have a rating program like that, so it is hard to get positive feed back from someone that is aware of what a good program is. Congrats to you for all of your hard work...

Sounds like a spa day for you and a nice glass of something to celebrate!! what a way to end the year and START thew new one...
Thanks daycare, you are so right about that! I didn't know ca didn't have anything, as much hassle as they like to give people I'm surprised they dont with child care lol.

I'm going to dinner tonight and tom with friends and yes, I hope this is a great new start to my new year and more new clients for my center!
Tags:positive, subsidy
Reply Up