Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Validation... Help!
KDC 09:14 AM 04-24-2014
DCB-2 showed up here on Monday with runny poops. It happened 2 times, and I put him down for nap, if it happened a third time I would've sent him home. There were no more poops, and he woke up from nap at 4 (goes home at 5) and we were outside. Tuesday, Mom kept him home for runny poops (sent me a text saying he had soft poops and she'd be keeping him home!! Yay! The kicker... she wanted to swap out days (Tuesday for Thursday) (I know this is a big NO-NO, but for this week it worked out and I let her, this week only... I made sure I said it's not how things work, but I'm making an exception!). Well he came back yesterday and did not have any poop, but was in a terrible mood. No fever. Today he shows up and has had two TERRIBLE stinky, leaky poops, but seems in a better mood?!? I want to send him home...

Oh, and there's another DCB out today because he's puking. So, it's probably contagious.

Send him home right?? As I write this, it seems like a no-brainer. Not sure why I feel bad, except he's in a good mood so the parents are probably going to be like WTH.

It's in my health policy of my handbook;

Health Policy
If a child becomes ill while in my care, the parent or emergency contact will be notified and is required to pick the child up within one hour.

For the protection of your child and other children, a child must be excluded from my care if the following symptoms are present:
• Measles – runny nose, fever, cough, blotchy rash
• Chicken Pox – Fever and rash consisting of blisters
• Fever – a temperature of 100.3 or higher
• Diarrhea
• Eye/nose drainage – thick mucus or puss drainage from the eye or nose
• Vomiting
• Conjunctivitis – pink eye, red eye with thick discharge
• Evidence of lice, including ticks
• Strep throat – the child may return after being on antibiotics for 24 hours
• Respiratory problems – severe coughing, rapid breathing, croup, or whooping sound after coughing
• Undiagnosed rash – must be seen by a Doctor before returning and must return with a Dr.’s note.

NightOwl 09:21 AM 04-24-2014
Validated. Someone said on this forum, if they're leaking from any orifice, they go home. Lol. Runny poop, vomiting, green snotty nose, etc.
Second Home 09:22 AM 04-24-2014
I would send home .
bklsmum 09:29 AM 04-24-2014
I totally agree that he should be sent home.
KDC 09:34 AM 04-24-2014
Alright, just texted Mom and he's headed home. I feel bad because his mood is so much better than yesterday, but I'm not CLEANING up any more poop today. He's obviously got tummy issues and needs to be home.

Thanks! I feel VALIDATED!
butterfly 11:27 AM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by KDC:
Alright, just texted Mom and he's headed home. I feel bad because his mood is so much better than yesterday, but I'm not CLEANING up any more poop today. He's obviously got tummy issues and needs to be home.

Thanks! I feel VALIDATED!
Good job!!
KDC 09:34 AM 04-25-2014
So, I just got a text from this DCM, telling me that he is now developing a rash and they believe his tummy issues may be stemming from an allergy and have I fed him any new foods that he might not have had before... also, informing me that it just might be the Penicillin.

WTH...Penicillin? You put him on a new antibiotic and didn't inform me?? I have NO idea why he needed Penicillin, and I kinda figured the WHITE stinky poop, and the mood swings and everything else were a tummy bug, which I've been mentioning to the DCP, -- In which you mentioned NOTHING about antibiotics. This is all apparently stemming from an infection, all of which you chose NOT to disclose to his ME, his caregiver for 10 hours a day?

I'm fuming mad What if he had a major reaction while in my care? I wouldn't even know why he was having this negative reaction? Common sense parents!!
daycarediva 09:40 AM 04-25-2014
If that were a kid in my care, I would consider terming.

When was he started on abx? For what? He could have potentially exposed all of your family, daycare children and their families to something contagious. He could have potentially had a severe allergic reaction while in your care.

I require a drs note for ALL drs visits, sick or well child. I require a parent note for ALL medications taken within a 24 hour period before coming to care.

Immediate termination if this is violated. I have been lied to FARRR too many times.

And yes, antibiotics=diarrhea. Tell her to give him a good probiotic yogurt and find a new daycare.
Cradle2crayons 09:43 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
If that were a kid in my care, I would consider terming.

When was he started on abx? For what? He could have potentially exposed all of your family, daycare children and their families to something contagious. He could have potentially had a severe allergic reaction while in your care.

I require a drs note for ALL drs visits, sick or well child. I require a parent note for ALL medications taken within a 24 hour period before coming to care.

Immediate termination if this is violated. I have been lied to FARRR too many times.

And yes, antibiotics=diarrhea. Tell her to give him a good probiotic yogurt and find a new daycare.
and follow with a blank stare....like this one...
Attached: cf063-blank_stare.jpg (16.4 KB) 
Maria2013 12:51 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Validated. Someone said on this forum, if they're leaking from any orifice, they go home.
That's one way of putting it
CraftyMom 06:07 AM 04-28-2014
Blatant disrespect on several levels! And breaking policy! (Mine anyway)

What did you say to her?

I would not be nice, I would be demanding an explanation for not being informed of illness that required antibiotics in addition to the antibiotics themselves. Asking why she thought it was ok to do so, informing her that she infected the whole daycare, etc

I would also be super likely to term
midaycare 06:15 AM 04-28-2014
Eeks. Not telling you about an antibiotic? And then suggesting an allergy to a food that you served?

I would look for a replacement and start the terming process.
Tags:diarrhea, sick, sick policy
Reply Up