Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>What are Your Expense Categories?
Crazy8 08:32 AM 11-19-2015
Wondering if others could list the categories they break their expenses down into. I am finding that now that my own kids are older and out of the daycare I have more things that can be 100% daycare expenses instead of using T/S% for as many so wanted to see how others do it.
Blackcat31 11:18 AM 11-19-2015
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
Wondering if others could list the categories they break their expenses down into. I am finding that now that my own kids are older and out of the daycare I have more things that can be 100% daycare expenses instead of using T/S% for as many so wanted to see how others do it.
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27284

I don't know if the above link is useful but it contains a pretty good list of expenses.

I claim everything at 100% and don't do T/S % at all but only because of my unique situation.
Crazy8 11:38 AM 11-19-2015
Thanks BC, I did read that thread but that's more about what you can use to add to your TS%. I am looking more for the categories for the expenses. Like my total spent on toys used to be figured using my TS% because I had my own kids in the house but now that mine are older that can be a 100% expense (I think!). Just wondering how everyone breaks down their expenses. I have had toys, craft supplies, cleaning and paper products, office supplies, etc. etc.
TomCopeland 05:22 PM 11-20-2015
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
Thanks BC, I did read that thread but that's more about what you can use to add to your TS%. I am looking more for the categories for the expenses. Like my total spent on toys used to be figured using my TS% because I had my own kids in the house but now that mine are older that can be a 100% expense (I think!). Just wondering how everyone breaks down their expenses. I have had toys, craft supplies, cleaning and paper products, office supplies, etc. etc.
Here's an article I've written about this:

In general, it doesn't matter what expense category you create or put your expenses in.
Thriftylady 05:47 PM 11-20-2015
I just make it up as I go, and try to keep as few as possible. I don't think it matters what you call it as much as can you back it up if you get audited.
Unregistered 09:59 AM 01-12-2016
Greetings,

I was wondering if the same rules apply as far as deductions if I am operating a Group Center.
TomCopeland 08:42 AM 01-13-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Greetings,

I was wondering if the same rules apply as far as deductions if I am operating a Group Center.
Yes, you can choose your own expense categories.
Tags:expense categories, expenses, tax categories, taxes, time space percentage
Reply Up