Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Regulation For California Daycare Providers
proudmommyofthree 10:10 AM 03-15-2017
Good morning, last month I got my unannounced visit from licensing. My inspection went well except for one thing. I got a type B violation because I did nor have proof of my MMR VACCINE. All employees of a daycare and daycare providers must now be vaccinated against MMR, tdap (pertussis) and must have the flu shot. This regulation was effective September 2026. I'm not sure if you all new this or not, but I thought I'd let you know. I was told I should have been safe as it is my responsibility to keep up with changes :/.
sharlan 04:21 PM 03-15-2017
They warned about this for quite some time in the updates.

It's been fun for my family. Dh is allergic to the tetanus vaccine. Dd is allergic to latex. The stopper in the bottle is latex and Kaiser doesn't carry the single dose syringes.

You also have to have the flu shot or a waiver from your doctor stating that you refuse it.
daycare 04:56 PM 03-15-2017
Yes I was noticed 1 year before the law rolled out. You need to stay connected to you health county coordinator and child care law website. It's our responsibility to update ourselves of any changes in rules and regs.
sharlan 05:11 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
Yes I was noticed 1 year before the law rolled out. You need to stay connected to you health county coordinator and child care law website. It's our responsibility to update ourselves of any changes in rules and regs.
Yep, they're not very good at keeping us informed.
CityGarden 10:01 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
You also have to have the flu shot or a waiver from your doctor stating that you refuse it.
If my area in Southern California you can write your own statement to opt out of the flu shot, you do not need it from your doctor.
Blackcat31 05:15 AM 03-16-2017
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201520160SB792

The above link is the info from legislation in regards to this rule

We had discussion about this previously,

Here is the thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83333
proudmommyofthree 07:02 AM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
If my area in Southern California you can write your own statement to opt out of the flu shot, you do not need it from your doctor.

A friend of mine who is also a daycare provider , called the office and was told it was mandatory to get the flu shot. She was so upset as she doesn't believe in it.
Again this is California , and the regs get interpreted differently by everyone in the office.
daycare 07:03 AM 03-16-2017
Same here. I just wrote up a doc for the flu vax and said I decline. The others I have.
hwichlaz 08:05 AM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
They warned about this for quite some time in the updates.

It's been fun for my family. Dh is allergic to the tetanus vaccine. Dd is allergic to latex. The stopper in the bottle is latex and Kaiser doesn't carry the single dose syringes.

you don't need a waiver. You can just decline the flu shot. And you only need proof that you've either had at least one dose of the MMR or DTaP or have tested as immune. So your childhood immunizations count. I couldn't track mine down, but had proof in my obstetric records of MMR because I don't react to that vaccine...I never build immunity, so they kept giving me the booster in the hospital after having my kids. I had to go get a pertussis booster though.
hwichlaz 08:06 AM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
A friend of mine who is also a daycare provider , called the office and was told it was mandatory to get the flu shot. She was so upset as she doesn't believe in it.
Again this is California , and the regs get interpreted differently by everyone in the office.
It's plainly written in the regulations that she needs a flu shot by Novemeber of each year, or a letter declining. With new regs the licensers don't always know exactly, so it's good to print out the section you need and staple it to your letter declining
sharlan 08:08 AM 03-16-2017
You are correct. I was wrong.
hwichlaz 08:08 AM 03-16-2017
Here is the quarterly update link that is good for the entire state of california.

http://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources...rterly-Updates

Put a reminder in your phone to check it every quarter.
Tags:california - regulations, immunization, immunization waivers
Reply Up