Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Policy Help...Please
melilley 08:34 AM 12-12-2012
Can anyone please help me? I've read this part of my policy over and over and I think that by reading it so much, I can't think...lol Does this make sense to you?
Thank You!

DEPOSIT AND REGISTRATION

A non-refundable deposit fee equal to two weeks of care (per child) is required upon completion of registration to secure your child’s placement in care. This deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to the first week and last week of care. One week of the deposit will be applied to the first week of care. The remaining week equal to one week of the deposit will be applied when a two week WRITTEN notice of withdrawl is given. It will not be refunded if care is terminated by me or if a two week WRITTEN notice is not given. If the parent/guardian(s) pay the deposit fee and decide not to receive care from the provider, a refund will not be given. The parent will have a maximum of two weeks to start care after the deposit has been made or the deposit will be forfeited. The provider will not hold a spot for more than two weeks.
daycare 08:43 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by melilley:
Can anyone please help me? I've read this part of my policy over and over and I think that by reading it so much, I can't think...lol Does this make sense to you?
Thank You!

DEPOSIT AND REGISTRATION

A non-refundable deposit fee equal to two weeks of care (per child) is required upon completion of registration to secure your child’s placement in care. This deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to the first week and last week of care. One week of the deposit will be applied to the first week of care. The remaining week equal to one week of the deposit will be applied when a two week WRITTEN notice of withdrawl is given. It will not be refunded if care is terminated by me or if a two week WRITTEN notice is not given. If the parent/guardian(s) pay the deposit fee and decide not to receive care from the provider, a refund will not be given. The parent will have a maximum of two weeks to start care after the deposit has been made or the deposit will be forfeited. The provider will not hold a spot for more than two weeks.
it is very wordy...... (is that a word?)

Please forgive me as I am ESL, but it sounds quite complicated to understand.

I would be more than happy to share mine with you, I am still trying to find it....hahahah
melilley 08:55 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
it is very wordy...... (is that a word?)

Please forgive me as I am ESL, but it sounds quite complicated to understand.

I would be more than happy to share mine with you, I am still trying to find it....hahahah
I agree it is lengthy and the wording is hard to understand! I can't figure out how to write it where it is easy to understand. I am requiring a two week deposit that is non refundable, but will be used for the first week and last week, but I am requiring a two week written notice. If they give a notice, that 2nd portion of the deposit will go towards the last week of care. I'm confusing myself now...lol
JenNJ 09:04 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by melilley:

DEPOSIT AND REGISTRATION

A non-refundable deposit fee equal to two weeks of care (per child) is required upon completion of registration to secure your child’s placement in care.

This deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to the first week and last week of care. It will not be refunded if care is terminated by me or if a two week WRITTEN notice is not given.

If the parent/guardian(s) pay the deposit fee and decide not to receive care from the provider, the deposit will be forfeited. This deposit secures the space for two weeks. If after two weeks, care has not begun, the deposit is forfeited.
You were talking in circles.
daycare 09:05 AM 12-12-2012
do you have a two week trail period?

I do not require parents to pay the deposit until they have finished their trail period.

for some reason, I cannot find my deposit verbage..

I know its says something like:

Upon completion of your two week trail period you will be required to pay a deposit equal to two weeks of care.

this fee will be applied towards the last two weeks of care, once a 30 day written notice has been given.

I think it says something like this
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:

DEPOSIT AND REGISTRATION

A non-refundable deposit fee equal to two weeks of care (per child) is required upon completion of registration to secure your child’s placement in care.

This deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to the first week and last week of care. It will not be refunded if care is terminated by me or if a two week WRITTEN notice is not given.

If the parent/guardian(s) pay the deposit fee and decide not to receive care from the provider, the deposit will be forfeited. This deposit secures the space for two weeks. If after two weeks, care has not begun, the deposit is forfeited.
I second JenNJ's shortened version. Makes MUCH more sense and isn't repeating anything.
melilley 09:22 AM 12-12-2012
Thanks! Now it does actually make sense!
Scout 09:33 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:

sorry, I didn't like that she said that, I liked her wording!
Reply Up