Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing DC But...
Tabby 11:58 AM 10-04-2017
I am closing my in-home daycare. I am giving the parents their notice at the end of this month. My family and I are making some necessary changes. So, I feel it's time and really needed.
Anyway, one of the DCP's is unintentionally making it very difficult for me to want to give my notice. Yesterday she buys a bunch of cupcakes for me and my family as a way to thank me for all the care I have given and done for their son. Then the same DCP, today had a full vase of flowers delivered to my house for my birthday. She is (unintentionally) making it very difficult for me to prepare the closing letter. 😁 I LOVE these kids. The parents have been pretty great too. I don't really have many complaints. But it is getting more and more stressful on me. Maybe because of my age? Idk. But the majority of what I make goes towards my DC. So it makes it hard to have money for other things like fixing up the house, family vacations, etc. And I have been doing this for so long, I feel it's time to find out what else I can do.
So anyway, has anyone else had this "issue" too when you were preparing to close?
rosieteddy 12:43 PM 10-04-2017
When I closed in 2015 I felt the same.It was because of a heart attack but still hard.I felt bad for the kids and the parents.It is a big decision no matter the reason.I can tell you it will be hard.We do grow to really love these kids and families.But your family and life matter to.I was so torn up,but after the initial good byes all the families found other care.Give them notice ,plan your exit and don't beat yourself up.One thing that hurt a little in my situation was that they did and could move on so easily.I would choose special books or toys for each child from your daycare.Make a memory book and be matter of fact. Send you letter and hope they stay the duration of your notice.Good luck.
Tabby 05:59 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
When I closed in 2015 I felt the same.It was because of a heart attack but still hard.I felt bad for the kids and the parents.It is a big decision no matter the reason.I can tell you it will be hard.We do grow to really love these kids and families.But your family and life matter to.I was so torn up,but after the initial good byes all the families found other care.Give them notice ,plan your exit and don't beat yourself up.One thing that hurt a little in my situation was that they did and could move on so easily.I would choose special books or toys for each child from your daycare.Make a memory book and be matter of fact. Send you letter and hope they stay the duration of your notice.Good luck.
Thanks! 😊
Tags:closing daycare
Reply Up