Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Family Asking for Refund
Ac114 03:19 PM 04-07-2019
Hi! So I closed Friday due to a stomach bug going around that I just could not get rid of. I had someone throw up Monday in childcare and then again 2 more on Thursday. There were several kids out on and off the last 2 weeks due to some form of virus that was causing diarrhea and vomiting. On Thursday afternoon, sometime after lunch, when the 2nd child threw up for the day I decided I was going to close Friday so I could sanitize and air out the daycare room. My polices state that if I close, a parent does not pay. I’ve never been faced with this situation where I need to close to not deal with another child throwing up. (I had another mom text me on Friday that their child started throwing up as well) anyways, the parent asking for a refund is the same parent that brought their child on Thursday when their child went to bed throwing up weds night (which is against my policies) but I didn’t find out until later that day. How do I go about this? I obviously don’t want to refund anyone’s money but when people don’t keep their sick kids home, I am forced at some point to close to get things under control. Whatcha ladies say?
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency, refund
Up