Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What is a best compliment you ever got
Magic 06:36 AM 09-30-2015
What is a best compliment you ever got about being a provider ?

my favs are ....
." I don't know how you do it " ..
" I could never do what you do "
and the best
"I'd rather die than do what you do "
laundrymom 07:06 AM 09-30-2015
A pic from my fb page.
Trying to attach.
Originally Posted by Magic:

my favs are ....
and the best

Attached: image.jpg (86.0 KB) 
spedmommy4 07:15 AM 09-30-2015
I have a dcd that is super tight with money. He tried to negotiate my rates when his kids first started with me. We recently met for a parent-teacher conference and he declared that the money he spent on my program was the "best money he has ever spent" That was an awesome compliment!
permanentvacation 07:19 AM 09-30-2015
When parents tell me that due to my preschool educational program and everything that I do with the children in my daycare, their child is the only one in their kindergarten class that can read, write, and other examples of things that their child is able to do that the other kids in their class aren't able to do yet. It shows that the parents really appreciate and acknowledge all of the work that I put into their child.

Being told that they don't know how I do it, they couldn't handle my job, etc.
That shows that they realize that my job really IS a job and IS hard work!

When parents tell me that their child randomly told them the letters on street signs, read the words on signs, told them numbers they saw somewhere, out of the blue zipped their own coat, tied their own shoes, etc. And how excited and proud they were of their child's new knowledge and abilities. Basically when the parents inform me that they can see how much I am working with the children because the children are doing and saying things that they know they hadn't taught them.

Honestly, any time that someone truly acknowledges and appreciates me for the work that I do!
daycare 08:05 AM 09-30-2015
wow those are all very nice.

I had a family that I termed, they gave me a lot and I mean a lot of grief.

for whatever reason this family would refer people to my program all of the time. great families too. unusual family to say the least.

anyways, I have an interview with a family that was referred by the termed family. I knew from the get go they were referred, I asked how they found out about our program.
Long story short, during the interview the parents said to me we hear that you are a stickler for rules. I got the biggest smile on my face ever. Anyone who has been on this form as long as I have would know that I used to be the biggest push over with ZERO BACKBONE.

that made me feel so good to know that people knew I was a true business that was not going to put up with any more funny business.

I also hear day, I don't know how you do it, but to me that is more of I think you are crazy lady...lol

nice thread
BabyMonkeys 08:13 AM 09-30-2015
One of the dads told me that I was a huge factor in his decision not to move for a job out of state. He accepted the job, but has to travel somewhat frequently, leaving his wife and baby home. He said that they would never be able to find someone to replicate the care he has gotten here since birth. I'm not a sappy person and I contemplated tears
nanglgrl 08:22 AM 09-30-2015
I watched a little girl for over a year and the parents were great clients. I urged the parents to get her evaluated because there were red flags I was seeing with her large and small motor skills and they eventually did. Moms hours were going to change and I couldn't accommodate them so they gave a 1 month notice. Thanksgiving was the week after they gave notice and I had 3 days off that week and they were on vacation the next week so I think they did the math and took away the month notice and ended up pulling right before thanksgiving and started her with another provider after their vacation. I don't require a two week notice so they were fine as far as my contract goes but my feelings were definitely hurt. All of my families that leave in good standing give me a two week notice if not more even though they aren't obligated to. It hurt more that it was right before I had paid time off. Life went on, they ended up moving to another state and the child was finally diagnosed with a degenerative disease. Out of the blue one day I got a text apologizing and telling me how much they appreciated everything I had done for them, thanking me for advocating for their daughter and how they couldn't have done it without me.
Magic 08:29 AM 09-30-2015
yes very rewarding compliments ..feels good doesnt it and makes it all worth while
this past month I lost 4 children to kindergarden and not to come back to day care world ...still concidered as family and friends and I get to see them and get updates
when feeling the empty nest of the frist night they where gone ( we had had a party in the day for them )
I did get many true compliments
the biggest of how well I did with my girl , she is almost 16
these children where with me for years which is the biggest compliment in it's self
BabyMonkeys 08:36 AM 09-30-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I watched a little girl for over a year and the parents were great clients. I urged the parents to get her evaluated because there were red flags I was seeing with her large and small motor skills and they eventually did. Moms hours were going to change and I couldn't accommodate them so they gave a 1 month notice. Thanksgiving was the week after they gave notice and I had 3 days off that week and they were on vacation the next week so I think they did the math and took away the month notice and ended up pulling right before thanksgiving and started her with another provider after their vacation. I don't require a two week notice so they were fine as far as my contract goes but my feelings were definitely hurt. All of my families that leave in good standing give me a two week notice if not more even though they aren't obligated to. It hurt more that it was right before I had paid time off. Life went on, they ended up moving to another state and the child was finally diagnosed with a degenerative disease. Out of the blue one day I got a text apologizing and telling me how much they appreciated everything I had done for them, thanking me for advocating for their daughter and how they couldn't have done it without me.
That's awesome! It's nice to know that your advocating for their daughter made a difference in her life
littletots 10:11 AM 09-30-2015
So wonderful to hear lovely compliments. I've had three DCF send gifts after leaving my program.
Laurel 10:18 AM 09-30-2015
Originally Posted by Magic:

my favs are ....
and the best
My favorite was the last parent I had when I retired last year. I had her first child and when she came to me with her second (different father) I actually tried not to take the child. In the past the mom had been okay but I had a few minor issues with her and while she wasn't horrible by a long shot I just didn't feel like putting up with her quirks another time around. But I ended up taking her and this mom had changed quite a bit. I think it was because she was having relationship problems back then and her and this new guy were just such good parents. The dad was soooo nice too so I relented.

Well the last day dad picked up and I thought it odd that mom didn't. She usually didn't but for the last day I thought she would because I knew she liked me. Then I forgot about it and a month later she asked if she could stop by. She stopped by just to hug me and told me how much she had appreciated me. It was simple but she said "You really DO things with the children." Meaning I just didn't sit them in front of a t.v. I used to send her pictures of our day occasionally as well. I did SO much hands on and creative things with all the kids and sometimes it seemed like they took it for granted. So that particular comment meant a lot. Plus a special trip just to tell me.

Laurel
Annalee 10:28 AM 09-30-2015
"Ms. xxxx knows her kids" ....this came from an autistic child's mom.

He is now in 3rd grade. He did not have behavioral issues, just the social issues with high intelligence. This child was with me almost 3 years before the mom would listen to me. I opened the door but allowed the mom to close it and reopen it.

I still remember the day during naptime, she called and said "ms.xxxx, I am ready to listen now". The dcb then got tested at age 3 and began therapy. When his speech teacher come to observe him at daycare, she further explained to the mom how important it was for this child socially to be in FCC.....made me smile really big.

Also had a mom tell me she thought I was magical due to getting everyone asleep at the same time.
ChelseaB 11:10 AM 09-30-2015
A couple of my DCF also tell me frequently that they could not do what I do, and they love knowing how safe and happy their child is when they are here. Even the smallest of gestures are appreciated!

Just this morning though, my one DCM texted me and asked me if I would like a coffee or anything before she dropped off DCG! It was an incredibly sweet gesture and made me feel so appreciated!
nannyde 12:21 PM 09-30-2015
One month pay for a xmas bonus.
Baby Beluga 01:03 PM 09-30-2015
One family drives 14 miles in the opposite direction then they travel for work to bring their children to me.

A while ago I unexpectedly thought I would have to close business. I gave notice and one DCM started crying saying I was everything they needed for DCK and they would follow me if I decided to go to a center. Same DCM came in the next day and told me her husband said I could start an in-home in their house if it would help me to stay open.

DCM asked me what she had to do, pay or buy to convince me to enroll her newborn.
Rockgirl 01:05 PM 09-30-2015
I think my biggest one so far was when a former SA dck enrolled her own child here.

As far as a verbal one, it's been parents who say, "I never have to worry about my child when she's with you. I know she's safe, having fun, and I know she is loved."
Blackcat31 02:10 PM 09-30-2015
I have had many compliments over the years and probably just as many digs thrown my way too....but the most recent and most surprising compliment I have received was from my absolute most difficult family ever.

Their oldest child went off to Kindergarten and about 3 days after school started, the DCM posted a big public shout out to me and my program.

She said that without me (and my DH) in their lives they don't think their kid(s) would have turned out to be the awesome kids they are etc...!

It was surprising to me because this is your typical "take credit" for everything type parent and it was completely surprising to me because it was not something she said directly to me but something she posted publically on Facebook.
mommiebookworm 07:00 PM 09-30-2015
I recently had a Mom tell me that she is a good mom because she has me I've had dcg since she was 6 weeks. She's 18 months now.
KristinsHomeCC 08:19 AM 10-01-2015
random review on my FB page from one of my DCMs. She is *so* awesome. She also will text me about once a month to show her appreciation towards me.
Attached: 2015-10-01 11.17.16.jpg (12.5 KB) 
Unregistered 07:43 AM 10-08-2015
My best compliment was from my daughter's kindergarten teacher. Just before school started and teacher assignments were handed out, she had to go in for the kindergarten assessment. I was talking to one of the teachers, and I told her my son's name (now in 2nd grade) and that she had one of my DCG's in her class the previous year. Her response: "Oh, I'd love to have her in my class, because Jake & Abby are fantastic kids!" Then she asked me if I had any other DCK's starting kindergarten next year. LOL! That felt good knowing that I had socialized them very well, and they knew how to listen, be respectful and follow rules. I still get Abby after school, and all 3 of the kiddos always have high points for behavior every day (the school tracks them and they get a party if they have high points).

More than knowing their numbers and letters, socialization and knowing how to conduct yourself appropriately means a lot to teachers.
Unregistered 07:55 AM 10-08-2015
oh, and one more!

My first year open, I had a little girl I watched from the time she was 4-months old til 15 months old. Her parents moved away, and they went the predictable route and headed toward a fancy center. They sent me the web site, and it looks like a 5-star resort. Of course, it had all the bells and whistles, like cameras and teaching foreign languages (to toddlers, really...).

Well, a few months go by, and the mom calls me all distraught. Turns out she's watching her daughter on the camera and can see how unhappy she is there. Instead of being one out of 5 kids, she is one out of 18 kids. Instead of one provider who she has bonded with deeply, she has rotating providers. Instead of a provider educated in early childhood, she has minimum wage workers with little childcare experience or education.

Suddenly, she really appreciates everything I did for her and her little girl. In tears, she says she is done with the center and is trying to find another home daycare like mine. But so far, no luck. It's terrible for my poor baby girl, but her mom actually ended up going with a nanny because her mom couldn't find anything else like my program. I miss her desperately, and it is good to know that her parents really tried to do the best for her.

I can always feel when parents start thinking their kids should be in a center with a room full of other kids their age. But home daycares provide reality. Kids need to know how to be both followers and leaders. They need to know how to interact with someone both older and younger than themselves. It teaches them a whole new level of socialization to know when to respect a baby's nap and when to ask an older kid for help with a project.

It felt good to see that reinforced from a parent.
DaveA 03:45 AM 10-09-2015
Probably a pre-k teacher who told me she can tell one of "my" kids because they do so well in her class.
LittleTikes 06:25 AM 10-09-2015
A teacher dcm told me that when her 2nd grade class did a group "Thankful Turkey," I was her turkey feather, so she told her class about me. It was just really sweet.
SilverSabre25 06:50 AM 10-09-2015
Every payment, every day when they bring their kids back.... those are the compliments I like best.
Crazy8 08:32 AM 10-09-2015
just this week a mom told me my services are "worth every penny". It was nice to hear that instead of hearing how expensive daycare is.
auntymimi 01:17 PM 10-09-2015
I had a grandma of 3 dc sibs tell me how much her grands love coming to my home. Her middle grandchild had always preferred to stay with gma, but now she asks when she "gets" to come to my house.
Controlled Chaos 09:11 AM 10-14-2015
Dcg told me at drop off in front of my mom "I just love my daycare!" And mom said "me too!" ❤️❤️❤️
Luna 10:48 AM 10-14-2015
I took on a child temporarily while mom was expecting, then kept him part time while she was on mat leave. I didn't want to continue when she returned to work because she had horrible hours, so she changed jobs and took a pay cut so her two could stay here

They aged out, the family moved 45 minutes away to be close to her work, and she recently texted to ask if I'd have a spot in January for her 3rd child. She'd be willing to drive 45 minutes here, then 45 to work, 45 back here the 45 home again! On our snowy Canadian roads! She gave my ego a giant boost
e.j. 02:13 PM 10-14-2015
I've been very fortunate over the years. Most of my families come to me by word of mouth and most have been very complimentary. I guess the best compliment business-wise has been the fact that families think highly enough of me and my program to pass my name on to their friends, co-workers and family.

My favorite compliment, though, was from a little boy I had cared for from infancy. On his first day of kindergarten, he called and left a message on my answering machine saying, "Hi EJ. I had my first French Toast Sticks at school and yours were better. Bye!" I listen to it every now and then and I still laugh when I hear it. It was years ago -- he's now 11 or 12 years old -- and I still have that message on my machine. I'll be so sad if it ever gets deleted!
Reply Up