Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Inventory of Home
legomom922 06:35 PM 03-30-2011
My appt to get these darn taxes done is April 9. When I do inventory of my home, I just want to clarify, I am only counting things that I use in my DC either directly or indirectly, and things that the parents see when they walk into my home to make cozy & homey. Things that are never seen my DC parents or used in anyway in my DC are not included. Correct? Just wondered because somewhere I read that if you have $10,000 worth of deprecited items, it would be worth a $400 deduction, and I just cant see how anyone could possibly claim that much inventory unless they were claiming their whole house?? With my gargage sale pricing, I'm lucky if I have $2000 worth!

I claimed every single item in my kitchen, dining room, living room and enterance hallway, because i have an open floor plan, so any parent walking in my house for any reason, pretty much sees everything I own from even standing at the door. Things in other rooms, I only claimed if they were used in some kind of way by or for DC, and tools that can or could and have been used to fix, build, or improvesomething. So did I do this correctly?

Oh and BTW, I have a sleep number bed that we bought in Oct 2009, and DCG sleeps & naps in it, and so I claimed it. She also has peed my bed. My fault for not putting a diaper on her during nap time ....grrrrrrrr I wish I could claim more than t/s for this pee stain on my mattress! I want to sell the darn thing and wont be able to get top dollar for it because of the "damage". I cant advertise it as being super clean or perfect.

Anybody in NY want to buy it?
Tags:inventory
Reply Up