Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Over Capacity Dilemma..
lilcupcakes09 11:00 AM 05-21-2012
Hi All

Wondering what other providers would do in this situation..... I am very fortunate to have all my spots filled right now, they will all be long term, I have had 6 for the longest time, found out I was loosing 2 to different school districts, and in one month have gone to 8 children!!! YAY ME!!! My dilemma is when school starts next year, I have a little girl who lives next door, her mom brings her at 745 and her older sister is home in the afternoon so she justs walk home from the bus with us in the afternoon, they are kind enough to pay me full price even though she is only here for 1 hour each morning, they catch the bus at 845. She is not her on days that school is out either. Come time for school next year, between 745-845 I will be over my capacity by 1 child with her. What would you do, I don't want to turn down my other income ($140 for a 3 yr old) because of this ONE HOUR!!! I'm so torn on what to do, I really like this prospective new family and to turn them away just because of that in my mind is crazy, I think I am willing to risk being written up if my licensor happens to come that early one morning, which is highly unlikely, they have never come before 9AM.
Up