Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pick Up/ Drop Off Policy Wording
knoxmomof2 07:55 PM 05-15-2015
Hi ladies. I've been doing home childcare for 2.5 years now. I am license exempt in my state since I care for less than 5 children. I have very few policies, but am developing them as I go... And as I learn my lessons the hard way 😉 We're moving in a few weeks and I feel like it's the perfect time to remind of/ add policies. I've been lax on some and don't have a policy on others that I've decided I HAVE to have if I am to continue doing this. I have 2 dcm's who are awful about lingering at drop off / pick up....like 20 minutes +!!! I'm too nice, I know and it's just gotten out of hand. The worst offender is first in by at least 45 mins so.... I am going to institute a 5 minute policy. I've cared for them all for 6 mos-2.5 years, so these aren't new parents. The worst one is also extremely oblivious to simple cues (bag held out, kid ready to go, my body language)

So, how do you word your policy on this? Thanks!
Blackcat31 07:04 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
Hi ladies. I've been doing home childcare for 2.5 years now. I am license exempt in my state since I care for less than 5 children. I have very few policies, but am developing them as I go... And as I learn my lessons the hard way �� We're moving in a few weeks and I feel like it's the perfect time to remind of/ add policies. I've been lax on some and don't have a policy on others that I've decided I HAVE to have if I am to continue doing this. I have 2 dcm's who are awful about lingering at drop off / pick up....like 20 minutes +!!! I'm too nice, I know and it's just gotten out of hand. The worst offender is first in by at least 45 mins so.... I am going to institute a 5 minute policy. I've cared for them all for 6 mos-2.5 years, so these aren't new parents. The worst one is also extremely oblivious to simple cues (bag held out, kid ready to go, my body language)

So, how do you word your policy on this? Thanks!
Maybe add something like this:

Drop off and pick up times can be a difficult time for children. Experience has taught me that the best way to handle these transitions is to limit the amount of time it takes to drop off or pick up.

As of xxx, 2015 all drop offs and pick ups must be NO MORE than 5 minutes per family. If there is anything you need to discuss with me, please call or e-mail (or text) and I will happily address your issues.

As of late, there have been a few drop offs and pick ups that have lingered into the 15-20 minute range and this causes my daily routine to be off and out of sorts so much so that I must ask that ALL parents abide by and be considerate of the time they take to drop off/pick up their child.

As always, I strive to provider the best care I can for your child. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Reply Up