Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Almost Done!
themoorethemerrier 01:13 PM 12-21-2011
I got the go-ahead from my licensor to start advertising!

Last week, I started a buzz on Facebook with the promise of a upcoming website. I bought my domain name and here's what I have so far. I know the name's long, but I have a farm with a similar name, so it'll be familiar to locals.

themoorethemerrierfamilydaycare.com

I'm still working on it (punctuation and flow, mostly), but I thought that I'd ask for advice and tips while I'm at it.

Thank you, ladies, for all the help you've provided - it is so appreciated!!!

themoorethemerrier 02:26 PM 12-21-2011
Hmmm... is my site showing up for any of you?
Sunchimes 05:55 PM 12-21-2011
I see it. I'll look at it and brb.
Sunchimes 05:59 PM 12-21-2011
It looks good. Makes me want to be 5 and come to your center!
melskids 03:13 AM 12-22-2011
Looks good!

I love the garden/farming aspect!!!

We garden, and love to explore the woods and nature around us, but I would love to add animals to the mix! We'll see!

Do you have a FB page for the DC? I would love to follow you!

We may even need to take a field trip to your farm. You're only about 3 or 4 hours west of us...thats not too far, is it?! LOL
themoorethemerrier 04:27 AM 12-22-2011
Thanks! We do have alot of fun.

Sure come for a visit, we'll put you all to work! I do have a FB page, but I just started it last week. Not much there, yet.

I tried not to mention the animals that aren't here year-round (EHEM) since we raise pasture-raised meat. I stuck with the ones that I know we won't. Also, I thought about adding that we have a dog, but I wasn't sure if that would be a turn-off. She's a farm dog, so she spends all summer in the barn and in the basement during the winter nights. She is very sweet, but I'd rather she wasn't around the kids.

Was my rate section clear enough? From the page can you tell that I only take FT?

Anything that should be changed?
melskids 05:06 AM 12-22-2011
Well, how I took it is that its a full time rate, yet you will only take them if they are enrolled in a half day program. But you may want to somehow add that it is for full time only , as far as mon- fri everyday, or that it is a "flat" rate.

So, just wondering for myself....

Our UPK and headstart have morning and afternoon classes. What happens when some of the kids are in the a.m. class and some are in the p.m. class?

How are you going to incorporate that, or you may end up having kids there "all day" anyway. It may be tough to have ALL the kids in the same pre-k class, you know?

Are you group size or just family? Because, now this is JMO, but you may be limiting the range of clientel by only taking kids enrolled in another half day program and have some trouble filling spots. But again, thats JMO. I dont know your area or what the needs are. here...Its all infants and thats it.

I'd love to see more pics of the farm and your set up as well.
themoorethemerrier 06:14 AM 12-22-2011
Thank you!!! You have no idea how helpful the feedback is! My brain feels scrambled with all the details.

Okay, flat rate it is!

I'm group. I really want to enroll no more than four children in any morning programs. So between the morning UPK and the half day Kindergarten class, I hope to fill that up. Our real focus is school ag-ers. I'm very hopeful because we also have a local CCC that only cares up to age 8; I've already gotten one call from one family that uses that center.

I'm on a goal system: First year goal - 2 preschool and 4 b&a school. Second year - 3 preschool and 7 b&a school. Third year - 4 preschool and 8 b&a school. Think it's practical?

I do have a FB farm page! You can see that! https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...500158?sk=wall
themoorethemerrier 09:08 AM 12-22-2011
BUMP for more thoughts.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up