Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween Advertising Anyone?
Abigail 08:39 PM 10-31-2011
I made up business cards for my grand opening to be next Monday. I'm not going to be ready to actually meet anyone and do interviews in person until Friday now because the construction in the daycare was postponed from today to Thursday! UGH

I made up 80 cards on my computer about 70 turned out okay because of printing smears, ha ha. I only handed out about 35 to trick-o-treaters tonight since I avoided giving them to the teens as they would have ended up in the garbage. I'm thinking with the remaining ones I'll drive around to a few businesses nearby and drop off 2-10 at each place that will let them sit on their breakroom tables. I want to pass out all the cards that have my grand opening date so they're not outdated come Monday, LOL.

Anyone else do some advertising tonight?
sharlan 09:13 PM 10-31-2011
I bought 3 tubs of mini pretzels (210 in all) and put my daycare stickers on them. I passed them all out at my daughter's house tonight. If I get one call, it will have been worth it.
GrannyJ 09:19 PM 10-31-2011
I made up 200 candy bags with my card inside. But this year there just wasn't that many kids. I gave out maybe half, so now to wait and see if I get any response. I hope so I am getting desperate.
daycare 09:29 PM 10-31-2011
I made labels and 4x6 fliers in goodie bags.

My son handed out about 106.

I also hung signs all over my door and yard that said happy Halloween from *** DC. I hung all of the kids Halloween projects on the door too.

I also hung a few ads on my door with tear offs. A few were missing.

Hope to hear something!!
familyschoolcare 07:06 AM 11-01-2011
I puched holes in bussines cards and placed a glow stick/braclet with them. I had out the glow sticks/braclets every year. This was the first halloween since I have been lic. so some of the people said there is something attached to it this year. I hadded out 20 which is twice as many as last year.
2ndFamilyDC 07:39 AM 11-01-2011
I love reading about all the creativity. Thanks for the ideas.
Michelle 09:16 AM 11-01-2011
I bought FULL SIZE candy bars from Costco , they were $15 for 30 bars and I bought 60 bars. I taped my business card to them and handed them out.
I am definitely doing the glow stick idea next year!

My daughter said that one little boy yelled, "Mommy! that house has BIG candy bars," and tried to come back for more but Mom wouldn't let him.
SilverSabre25 09:18 AM 11-01-2011
I thought of handing out business cards (at my sister's house...my house doesn't get any trick or treaters) but as it turns out, I'm full--or will be, come January. I'm saving the big candy bar and the glow stick ideas for future years though!
mom2many 09:46 AM 11-01-2011
I love the big candy bars and glow stick ideas!
lil angels 10:34 AM 11-01-2011
Man o man I wish I would have seen this before all I did was hang a sign on my door and I don't think any of the parents got close enough to even read it. I don't think it did any good... I will have to remember this stuff for next year.
beachgrl 12:40 PM 11-01-2011
We did our town's local trunk or treat and while I gave out candy and talked to the kids, my hubby was giving out my business cards to every set of adults that came through..he almost went through an entire box of cards and since it was just the cost of candy we bought to give out if I get one kid from it, it will be worth it! I just got yet another call for care in January so I will be crazy busy with kids by then if everyone that has called winds up wanting care then, lol
Abigail 09:40 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by GrannyJ:
I made up 200 candy bags with my card inside. But this year there just wasn't that many kids. I gave out maybe half, so now to wait and see if I get any response. I hope so I am getting desperate.
WOW 200 bags?! I only made 40 bags, ha ha. You must be in a prime location! What did you do with the rest of the bags that didn't go?

Originally Posted by sharlan:
I bought 3 tubs of mini pretzels (210 in all) and put my daycare stickers on them. I passed them all out at my daughter's house tonight. If I get one call, it will have been worth it.
I wish I would have thought to have some of my friends hand out my cards at their homes as well. Even though we live in different parts of the city, it might have helped!

Originally Posted by daycare:
I made labels and 4x6 fliers in goodie bags.

My son handed out about 106.

I also hung signs all over my door and yard that said happy Halloween from *** DC. I hung all of the kids Halloween projects on the door too.

I also hung a few ads on my door with tear offs. A few were missing.

Hope to hear something!!
WOW, you were REALLY prepared! Maybe I will have to do more next year if I have openings. I know most of my friends work, but maybe I can make a "special event" next year if we don't have cold cold weather and do fun games like a bean bag toss in the front yard. This would invite parents to participate and then I could have an art display board out in the driveway for parents to read about daycare and take a flyer....LOL....just dreaming away here!

Originally Posted by beachgrl:
We did our town's local trunk or treat and while I gave out candy and talked to the kids, my hubby was giving out my business cards to every set of adults that came through..he almost went through an entire box of cards and since it was just the cost of candy we bought to give out if I get one kid from it, it will be worth it! I just got yet another call for care in January so I will be crazy busy with kids by then if everyone that has called winds up wanting care then, lol
Next year I will have to look into the TRUNK O TREAT, it takes place in our Kohl's parking lot which is only a mile away. I could have made hundreds of cards and participated, but never thought of it. It's our first home so I was really looking forward to being at home handing out candy for the first time anyways.
Tags:advertising, advertising on halloween
Reply Up