Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just wanted to share
CraftyMom 06:48 AM 10-20-2014
My son, 3, who can be a handful in daycare, is playing so nicely with the kids today!

He has been boycotting daycare and hasn't wanted anything to do with the other kids for the last month, since his best buddy left to go to preschool

He has a hard time in general with other kids being here all the time, especially my current group. There is no one he meshes with

I've been letting him do his own thing, I don't want to force daycare on him and make him resent it, hoping he would come around soon.

It took longer than I had hoped, but maybe he is finally coming around?

He even brought his back pack full of his prized possessions into the playroom and is letting the others "check out his stuff" as he says

It's only 9:45, so we still have a long way to go today, but this is progress!

taylorw1210 06:55 AM 10-20-2014
Very awesome! I've been having the same issues with my 3yo daughter so I totally feel you on the small win. I hope it continues for the day!
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 10-20-2014
It's the small things that make up the big things so HURRAY for your DS!!!

Hoping he continues this positivity!!
hope 07:10 AM 10-20-2014
That's great! It can sometimes be hard on our own children to share their mommy, toys and space with the others and to see friends come and go. I think your DS is learning some great life lessons. Even if it's just for the morning, great step in the right direction. You should be one proud mama!
Baby Beluga 07:14 AM 10-20-2014
Yay!!
KatiesCorner 08:02 AM 10-20-2014
Great news, I'm so happy for you!
It's a good Monday over here too, even though I woke up with allergies. I have three kids, 4mo, 11mo, and 14mo. The 11mo isn't coming today, and 4mo isn't coming till 11:30, and the 14mo came an hour late so I had time to get extra stuff done. All three parents let me know before hand, so I was able to plan around the different schedules!
KIDZRMYBIZ 08:37 AM 10-20-2014
Hooray!

My DSs (all older SA now), have all gone through times when they didn't like someone or something about the DC. I would explain each time that it was either like this, or I got a different job and they went to someone else's home daycare. That thought horrified them, and they were quickly able to make an attitude adjustment for themselves all on their own.

Even now, when I have been talking of closing up shop sometime in the next few years (only dreaming, nothing solid), they say they would miss me so much on days out and summer vacation. These are teen and pre-teen kids, and they WANT me around?!

So that's my point. Even though it was so very difficult lots of times while they were little, look what the end result is! I know now that it was so very, very, very worth it!
Reply Up