Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Upfront Costs
melissa ann 10:33 AM 08-30-2012
There's a childcare center across the street from me. The owner is very nice and I've known her for over 2 yrs through our bus stops. She just ask me today I would be interested in helping out. To start, it would be as on on needed basis. If it goes well I could get more hours. She knows I've done childcare for a few years and when I closed in march the one family went there.

I already have my background checks, (well, waiting for one to come back. I get them done so I can help out at my kids' school) I would need to get the fingerprint check (about $27) and a tb check. Does anyone know how much this costs w/o insurance? I know it's a 2 part process. Also, I have to have a doctor fill out some questions that I am able to provide care for children. For the form part, would that just cost me a doctor visit? I have not been to the doctor's for a few years. So I'm sure the doctor would want to see me. I wouldn't need a physical though.
kathiemarie 10:43 AM 08-30-2012
Do you have a county health dept. close? Many of my cash paying (for health care) friends go there for shots, tb test etc. I don't think they pay more than $20.
cheerfuldom 10:59 AM 08-30-2012
I would ask that she pay for the upfront costs as part of beginning employment.
BumbleBee 05:08 PM 08-30-2012
My TB test & physical cost $90 w/o insurance.
snbauser 05:23 PM 08-30-2012
A lot of times you can go to a place like a Minute Clinic and get that stuff done relatively inexpensively.
Reply Up