Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Attention Seekers
dave4him 04:36 PM 01-17-2012
Does anyone have a kid to acts completly different around you when the parent is around? I have the situation where i watch family so my niece always acts more clingy to her mom when they all come over for a visit opposed to when shes just with me. When her moms there she gets an attitude and desnt act the same.... maybe its her trying to get her moms attention.
Blackcat31 05:04 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Does anyone have a kid to acts completly different around you when the parent is around? I have the situation where i watch family so my niece always acts more clingy to her mom when they all come over for a visit opposed to when shes just with me. When her moms there she gets an attitude and desnt act the same.... maybe its her trying to get her moms attention.
Yeah, ALL of them!

No seriously, it is perfecty normal and yes, most of them really do behave differently when in the presence of their "biggest fan".
sharlan 05:07 PM 01-17-2012
Oh, yes. Almost every child acts differently when their parents are around. Generally not for the better, either.
Ariana 09:51 AM 01-18-2012
Yep they all act like this!! Totally normal. They have a certain way of acting with their parents than they do with others.....we all do!
KBCsMommy 01:37 PM 01-18-2012
Oh yes...completely normal!! I have a 4yo dcb that I have been watching since he was 1 yo. He is such an angel, he listens to me, follows directions, eats every bite of food I give him, takes 3 hour naps, comes and gives me hugs etc I could go on and on!!

The second his mom or dad get here OMG this child acts posessed!! Starts running around screaming, hitting his dad where it counts, one time he ripped his moms shirt because he was clawing at her shirt (he was still BFing at the time) just super crazy!!

Anyways! I digress!! I think its a childs way of showing they have feelings about being left at daycare. And possibly this may be the way they act with their parents all the time.
jojosmommy 03:32 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Oh, yes. Almost every child acts differently when their parents are around. Generally not for the better, either.
Agree 100%.
Tags:care courses, changing of the guard, child care courses, developmental - support, training
Reply Up