Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Term a SA For an Infant?
DCMomOf3 02:41 PM 08-23-2010
I got a call today for a 7mo infant, 3 days a week. If I took the baby, I would have to term a SAb who comes after school. I've had the SA for 2 years during the school year, not summers. Would you consider terming the SA to make room for the infant? I am torn on what to do. After school care is harder to come by this year because the Y cancelled it's after school program due to low enrollment so a lot of SA parents are looking for care.
DCMomOf3 04:43 PM 08-23-2010
I feel bad for even considering it. I dont' have a contract with the SAs parents, they laughed it off and being just hourly I didn't push it. There is a lot of tension too when SA is here otherwise I wouldn't even be thinking about it. consider this a thinking aloud thread.
momofsix 07:04 PM 08-23-2010
If you do do it, I would try to give them as much notice as possible. It would make sense for you financially, and they should understand that a SA takes up a whole spot, unless you could fill the in-between hours. An infant you could have full time and year round. You could offer them the option of paying a higher fee, and paying during the summer as a way to at least give them a choice in the matter--even though they most likely wouldn't do it
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03:03 AM 08-24-2010
Im in the long process of replacing all my olders with youngers. I have one sa boy who is too rambunctious for me. Hes been here two years and every day I am just waiting for his mom,... I wont have room for him this next summer because I have 3 mommas pregnant. And full time has priority over part time always.
melskids 03:21 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
Im in the long process of replacing all my olders with youngers. I have one sa boy who is too rambunctious for me. Hes been here two years and every day I am just waiting for his mom,... I wont have room for him this next summer because I have 3 mommas pregnant. And full time has priority over part time always.
its amazing how so many of us face the same situations w/ our daycares. thank goodness we have a place like this to come and share our experiences with!!

i am going throught the exact same thing right now. i am slowly weeding out the SA, especially the one boy who is just too much for me. (which is a WHOLE other thread...lol) i gave her a months notice, to finish the summer out. i have 2 moms who are pregnant right now, so i will be filling up w/ full timers soon enough!!!
DCMom 03:58 AM 08-24-2010
If it is the best thing for you and for your family, do it.

What we often forget as providers is that very few clients consider us when making decisions~that is to say, they do what is best for them. They may feel bad about it, but they still do it.

I don't mean that to sound harsh, just realistic!
countrymom 04:16 AM 08-24-2010
I have a 10 yr old that comes after school and he's here for about an hour to two hours and he's such a pain. He's been kicked out of the afterschool program and no one wants to watch him. This summer I watched him (full days) when mom had to go to work and it was the worst (I too can write a thread on this kid) but by law he can now stay home by himself for a couple of hours, I don't care if they don't trust him, its not my fault its the parents fault--I watch his 3yr old brother thats why he is here.
Tags:infant
Reply Up