Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Describe An Inexplicable Thing A DCK Did Today
Pestle 12:46 PM 11-19-2020
Last week, I had a 3yo drop-in who approached a fence, took a long hard look at it, and carefully threw her ball behind the shed, where there's no way to get it back.

"Oh, bummer," I said. "Why did you decide to do that?"

And she said, voice heavy with the sickened realization that she'd gotten exactly what she wanted,

"I don't know."

Today, a 21mo rolled up her pants leg, removed a Band-Aid from her knee, stood up, and carefully smoothed the Band-Aid onto the hair of the child who was looking at books next to her.
Kajada 01:00 PM 11-19-2020
During our morning walk the 18-month-old tried to hug every garbage bin we saw.
flying_babyb 01:21 PM 11-22-2020
I have licker. Kid sat down on his story time mat next to me, looks over and smiles. I smile back. He then leans in close and licks the side of my face!
PB&J 05:01 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
I have licker. Kid sat down on his story time mat next to me, looks over and smiles. I smile back. He then leans in close and licks the side of my face!
I have one who comes in every day, sits by the door, and licks and sucks the door hinge!
Ariana 08:24 AM 11-23-2020
This thread is everything
DaveA 09:30 AM 11-23-2020
No DCKs but DS decided because they were discussing birds in science she should run out to the coop and bring in a duck. It got interesting in the house for a couple minutes.
Jupadia 09:31 AM 11-23-2020
Not a dk kid, but my older one last weekend.
He had this squishy toy (filled with water also kot a dk toy). Its ment to throw and squish somewhat gently. His brothers already broke and he was throwing his against the wall hard. Told him to stop or it would break. Half hour layer he goes I'm taking it outside to break it. I say "well that's your chosse they never last long anyways go for it if you want to". Five minutes later he comes inside going " why did I do that"
Snowmom 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I have one who is obsessed with diaper loads.
As in, he sneaks up behind the young ones wearing diapers and squeezes the "juice". You know- the sag in a dirty diaper.

If there isn't any, he gets really disappointed and goes to the next child.
Unregistered 11:17 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I have one who is obsessed with diaper loads.
As in, he sneaks up behind the young ones wearing diapers and squeezes the "juice". You know- the sag in a dirty diaper.

If there isn't any, he gets really disappointed and goes to the next child.
I had one dcb who liked to diaper-dive. He thought playing in poop was the best thing in the world. He would not only do it to himself but others as well.
springv 11:47 AM 11-23-2020
Ewwww
Valerie928 01:17 PM 11-23-2020
Dcg 16 months took off her socks.....like usual but this time I found them in the dogs water bowl.
e.j. 01:33 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had one dcb who liked to diaper-dive. He thought playing in poop was the best thing in the world. He would not only do it to himself but others as well.
Yuck! My niece, who was enrolled in my dc, went through a diaper-diving phase, too. I used to let her nap on my living room sofa until she smeared poop all over the back of it - the day after I had steamed cleaned it because she peed all over it. Went out and bought nap mats for the floor that night!
daycarediva 11:23 AM 11-24-2020
A 5 yo licks my window almost everyday. Full length. I'm constantly cleaning it.

Yesterday I found out he does it to the outside of the window after pick up.

I have like 6 nose pickers rn. Look up from reading a sentence and half my crew it elbow deep.
CountryRoads 12:45 PM 11-24-2020
We were washing our hands and I look behind me to find dcg licking the toilet seat.
284878 07:41 PM 11-24-2020
DH and I were talking about owing my brother some money for work he did for us but he has not told us how much. My dd pipes up and says let's send (mail) him a beer with a post note that says "how much do we owe" -- now we do not drink and I think my brother has stopped too. -- My DH stops and says "a Beer!" DD says yeah and repeats her suggestion. DH still can not believe what she is saying and ask again, "A beer?" She then says yes, you know like a root beer... I had to , then I let her know that my brother really does not like root beer that he prefers Mountian Dew but that is a good suggestion.
PB&J 06:48 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaveA:
No DCKs but DS decided because they were discussing birds in science she should run out to the coop and bring in a duck. It got interesting in the house for a couple minutes.
I keep thinking about this story! Every scene I picture cracks me up. I’m waiting to see it on the internet from the teacher’s point of view....
Tags:daycare experiences, kids do the darndest things
Reply Up