Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You have This in Your Contract?
Francine 11:58 AM 03-29-2010
When I did daycare previously I would always have parents who would pick their kid up out of bed and put them right into the car so by the time they get here they are starving and expect breakfast "NOW"

I want to put something in my contract about parents providing at least a small snack either at home or for the car ride so that they can make it until I have breakfast on the table and that all infants should have their morning bottle before arriving. I can't drop everything at that time of the morning to sit and feed a baby because they are starving because they got taken from crib to car seat.

And the diaper, I don't want a nightime diaper either. Isn't it common sense to get the baby up so that you have time to feed and change them. Since I have done this before I know that some people just want to get out of the house and it's easier if the baby is left to sleep until the last minute but that isn't fair to us or the baby.

Do any of you have anything in your contracts about this?
Liliya 12:18 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
When I did daycare previously I would always have parents who would pick their kid up out of bed and put them right into the car so by the time they get here they are starving and expect breakfast "NOW"

I want to put something in my contract about parents providing at least a small snack either at home or for the car ride so that they can make it until I have breakfast on the table and that all infants should have their morning bottle before arriving. I can't drop everything at that time of the morning to sit and feed a baby because they are starving because they got taken from crib to car seat.

And the diaper, I don't want a nightime diaper either. Isn't it common sense to get the baby up so that you have time to feed and change them. Since I have done this before I know that some people just want to get out of the house and it's easier if the baby is left to sleep until the last minute but that isn't fair to us or the baby.

Do any of you have anything in your contracts about this?
I do not have anything about that in contract,but even if I did,I do not think parents would remember to do so,they seems do what is easier for them.
I would put it in a monthly news latter,Reminders,write down your meal times pointing that you do not serve breakfast until 8:00 or what ever your time is.
And also that when child arives to your house, he/she needs to be ready for a day.
I had my assessment couple of weeks ago,and I ask parents to remember on that day to get child on-time here and ready for a day. Guess what???
No one remembered, had kids in PG,with out any underwear,good thing that child got here before that lady came and I had time to change her.
It made me mad a little,they just do not care.
mac60 12:24 PM 03-29-2010
I do have a comment about feeding babies their first bottle of the morning....I had to put this in due to a stupid parent that brought their baby here at 6:30 screaming because he was hungry.
tymaboy 01:00 PM 03-29-2010
Under my arrival & departure section I have
Originally Posted by :
Children who are still in diapers should arrive in a fresh diaper.
This is what my meal section states

Originally Posted by :
I am a participant in the Food Program. Nutritious meals will be served to all children who are enrolled in this program at no extra cost to you. I have set meal times, they are;
Breakfast – 7:15 – 7:45
Snack – 9:15 – 9:45
Lunch – 11:15 – 11:45
Snack – 3:30 – 4:00
Dinner – 5:45 – 6:15

Children are required to sit at the table to eat all meals, snacks and drinks. Toddlers are not
allowed to walk around with a sippy cup or carry food with them.

You are responsible for feeding your child if the child(ren) will arrive at child care after a mealtime. NO EXCEPTIONS.

grandmom 02:54 PM 03-29-2010
Personally, regarding the breakfast, I feel the opposite. If a child gets anything in the morning, it will likely be something packaged: gummy bears, cookies, granolla bar, etc. That gives them just enough to make them not hungry for breakfast, and then they are starving by snack. I'd rather have them arrive hungry, and eat their breakfast here. Then they will get enough substance to make it through the morning. Just a thought.

Diapers...I have one child 3yo, who comes in his footie pjs and stays in them all day sometimes. I change his diaper every morning. Parents provide diapers, so why not. When I provided diapers, it did bug me that they came in the night time diaper. But not any more.
nannyde 02:56 PM 03-29-2010
I had a lot of issues in the past with parents bringing their babies unfed. I had to add into my policies that we don't do any bottle feeding until 9 a.m. They are responsible for the first bottle in the morning. The babies need to come fed. We can't hand feed babies while we are doing arrivals in the morning and breakfast.

I also let parents know during the interview that the child needs to be dressed and ready for day care. I don't change children from pajamas to clothes and I don't change the night diaper. I don't comb hair or brush teeth. They need to be ready for day care every day.

You will have a certain number of parents who will claim the baby wouldn't eat in the morning. If it's now and then I let it slide. If it's a daily deal I know they are just not getting up early enough to take the time to do the feeding or they are feeding in the EARLY morning and letting the child sleep and not attempting to refeed them before care. When they tell me the baby wouldn't eat I just say "well she will be really hungry then by 9". I let them know I don't do feeding berfore 9. If the child refused the bottle for them at eight he/she can wait until 9.

Once the child can hold their own bottle you see this decrease. It's in the parents best interest to hand them a bottle while they are getting ready. It buys them time when the child is confined and occupied to get ready. It's pretty much just a problem from birth to about 8 months when they can't hold their own bottle.

I have a friend who worked for a neighbor across the street. The Dad would walk the two kids over every morning. EVERY morning the baby would come in the house with a dirty diaper. My friend would talk to the Dad and tell him he couldn't bring the baby over with crappy pants. The Dad would tell her every day that the baby pooped on the way across the street. She had to start making him change the baby AT her house to get him to stop doing it.

The truth was that he let that baby stay in poopy pants until it was time to bring them over. He lied straight to her face every day claiming the child miraculously pooped at the exact moment every day as he was walking the hundred feet over to her house. He didn't do a thing with the baby in the morning. Didn't change him or feed him. He claimed day after day that the kid pooped on the way over and refused to eat every morning.

Even with rules in place you are going to have parents lying to you about the kid refusing to eat, telling you they pooped on the way over, claiming the night diaper WAS changed, telling you the child REFUSED to change out of the pajamas etc. You just have to deal with it every day and let them know what you will and won't do.
momma2girls 03:05 PM 03-29-2010
WOW!! I would definately put a stop to the not changing a diaper every am, and not dressing them!!
We have a pajama day one day of the week once per month, but the parents still change all diapers. I guess that is something you don't even think of putting in your contract. It should always be common sense, but apparently not to some. I guess all of us should have that kind of stuff in our contracts. Seems pretty silly, but you have to do what you got to do!!
Francine 05:51 PM 03-29-2010
Thanks! I was hoping that it just wasn't me that thought it was an issue. I for one, when my girls were little would never in a million years have thought to take them to daycare unfed and unchanged. That is just plain lazy and I hate lazy! It is going into my new contract, no doubt about it.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:41 AM 03-31-2010
I just recently had to put this into my contract. Like the 18th of march! lol. anymore if they come in in jams,..they go home in jams. When mom came in at 530 surprised he was still in his cars jams and had played outside in them,... I answered,.. "Oh I know he is still in his jams, but he really didnt want to change, so I didnt make him,... ".

Im tired of being the bad guy,..and making them change upon arrival and to be honest Im busy during the day.

I change diapers , not clothes. from my new contract,..----

please make sure your child is dressed with a fresh diaper and ready for the play day..
nannyde 09:56 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I just recently had to put this into my contract. Like the 18th of march! lol. anymore if they come in in jams,..they go home in jams. When mom came in at 530 surprised he was still in his cars jams and had played outside in them,... I answered,.. "Oh I know he is still in his jams, but he really didnt want to change, so I didnt make him,... ".

Im tired of being the bad guy,..and making them change upon arrival and to be honest Im busy during the day.

I change diapers , not clothes. from my new contract,..----

please make sure your child is dressed with a fresh diaper and ready for the play day..
Yup You just say whatever they say to you:

"He wouldn't get dressed this morning" is met with a "He wouldn't get dressed this morning" "He wanted to wear his jammies" is met with "He wanted to wear his jammies" "She wouldn't let me comb her hair" is met with "She wouldn't let me comb her hair". "She wouldn't eat this morning" is met with "She wouldn't eat this morning".
Tags:breakfast, contract, snacks
Reply Up