Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This is what my area is coming to...
AfterSchoolMom 10:57 AM 08-10-2011
Found on Craigslist today.

Originally Posted by :
I am offering childcare at my house Mondays-Fridays anytime you would need someone to watch your child. I am also available for babysitting if you are looking for a date night on the weekends or during the week in the evenings. If you currently have a childcare provider now I will offer $25 less than what you are paying with them.

jen 11:01 AM 08-10-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
HOLY CRAP! That really sucks.
AnneCordelia 11:02 AM 08-10-2011
Wow, that's brutal. I never understand why other providers need to cut each other up in their ads.
MG&Lsmom 11:06 AM 08-10-2011
Wow! That's awful.
Crazy8 11:07 AM 08-10-2011
that really sucks!!!! I would hope parents aren't just out to save $25 and would consider what type of person does that but I know, I hope for too much.
AfterSchoolMom 11:07 AM 08-10-2011
The sad thing is, rates around here have lowered so much this year that parents are already only paying $75-90 per week. I saw a couple of ads today for people doing it for $65 weekly. She's going to charge $25 less than those folks?
2ndFamilyDC 11:18 AM 08-10-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
that really sucks!!!! I would hope parents aren't just out to save $25 and would consider what type of person does that but I know, I hope for too much.

Some parents would consider that, but sadly some others wouldn't.
Cat Herder 11:32 AM 08-10-2011
You get what you pay for.

$85.00 - $125.00wk is the range around here for full-time.

With $25wk for SA's.
cheerfuldom 11:32 AM 08-10-2011
The norm here is $125 to $150 for full time care. I have seen as low as $90 recently.
broncomom1973 01:47 PM 08-10-2011
The sad thing is, rates around here have lowered so much this year that parents are already only paying $75-90 per week. I saw a couple of ads today for people doing it for $65 weekly. She's going to charge $25 less than those folks?
Well, once she starts making $40/week for doing a not so easy job, she may be quickly changing her rates, lol.
Unregistered 02:00 PM 08-10-2011
Honestly, I'm never threatened by other providers. Its a free economy, and if people want to do it at night.ect..more power to them. If a parent wants to leave and go to another provider who is lower....then those parents are usually ones I don't want!!

This lady is probably doing a lot of providers a favor in my book.
TBird 02:03 PM 08-10-2011
Good Lord!!!
littlemissmuffet 02:04 PM 08-10-2011
The kind of parent who will leave a high quality, well established daycare just to save $25 isn't the kind of parent I want.
Cat Herder 02:06 PM 08-10-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This lady is probably doing a lot of providers a favor in my book.
A PITA filter...
youretooloud 02:11 PM 08-10-2011
Wow... I wonder if someone could convince her that they were paying $20 a week... in that case, she'd owe the parent $5.

I agree... she's the PITA filter.
AfterSchoolMom 02:22 PM 08-10-2011
I didn't think of it that way!
youretooloud 02:32 PM 08-10-2011
Can you imagine if an extreme couponer gets a hold of her ad? That'd be so much fun to observe.
nannyde 02:41 PM 08-10-2011
If you currently have a childcare provider now I will offer $25 less than what you are paying with them.

She'll be getting calls telling her the parents actually pay 25 a week so will that be free then?

I really don't have a problem with people doing day care for super cheap. I think it's necessary in this economy to have a large portion of the kids going to child care being cared for by people who are not being properly compensated for the level of work. It's necessary to have a large number of kids going to inexperienced providers and short term providers.

It's the same in the food system. It's the dollar menu mentality. There's a huge market for super cheap unhealthy food that comes to the system from workers who are not being well compensated for their work. There's a bigger market for cheap and unhealthy then there is healthy and fair priced food.

There's a huge market for cheap. HUGE The people who want to offer that will be met with a ton of customers. I don't begrudge that avenue for providers. It's the obvious direction to go when you need to make money. There's so many people doing care who CAN'T make more money in the work force. The cheap day care IS the best they can do financially for themselves.
Kaddidle Care 03:42 PM 08-10-2011
Refer all of your RAGE Babies to her! hehe! (and your worst DC Parents as well!)

This COULD work to your benefit.
Tags:advertisement, business ethics, cheap rates, child warehousing
Reply Up