Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California Lic. Reg.
Michelle 02:35 PM 02-22-2012
Does anyone know if fishtanks are against licensing regs?
Crystal 02:36 PM 02-22-2012
fish tanks are okay.
daycare 02:47 PM 02-22-2012
yes as long as they have a top on them.....Of course depends on size, but it has to prevent a child from leaning in and falling in...

I was told if they can put their head in it, it needs a top cover on it
Michelle 02:50 PM 02-22-2012
I would never dream of a fishtank without a lid...thanks ladies, Licensing is in our area and I was worried.
daycare 02:57 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I would never dream of a fishtank without a lid...thanks ladies, Licensing is in our area and I was worried.
lol I have a small fishbowl, but they can't reach it or even really stick their hand in it....lol

sounds like you are good to go!!!
Michelle 05:00 PM 02-22-2012
They actually never came...I just had my visit last summer and passed with flying colors..she said I will get another one in 3 years, it's just my neighbor called and she had hers and she is just 2 doors down so... I guess they love me ...they really really love me! lol ( Sally Fields) emmy award
daycare 05:04 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
They actually never came...I just had my visit last summer and passed with flying colors..she said I will get another one in 3 years, it's just my neighbor called and she had hers and she is just 2 doors down so... I guess they love me ...they really really love me! lol ( Sally Fields) emmy award
awesome... I have not had one in awhile and this year I am due for one.... SO I am always making sure that I am on top of it all.

Good for you that you were at least checking everything prior.....
Tags:california - regulations, fish, fishtanks
Reply Up