Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Any One Raise the Weekly Tuition Year to Year?
Unregistered 11:59 AM 06-01-2012
Hi in September I will have been doing daycare for a year. I was wondering if it is unfair to have a yearly price increase or if that isn't something day-cares do? I was thinking of increasing $5.00 a week and am charging new incomers the increase rate. I would like to do this every September as a cost of living raise. What are your thoughts? I do daycare in the state of New York. Thank you for your help!
SunflowerMama 12:05 PM 06-01-2012
I have a $1/day increase each January. I just have a full time rate so it just goes up $5/week each year.
Abigail 12:33 PM 06-01-2012
I plan on keeping mine the same right now. I started up with higher rates but it is helping me buy a lot of things to start up with. I would recommend you raise rates slowly, like the $5/week or instead of raising rates add a week of paid vacation or sick days or eliminate any free days parents get. In the end it works out. I already have 15 paid closed days so I don't think I'll add to those next year. I feel like I'm doing very well and am happy. That is what matters!
Unregistered 01:54 PM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
I have a $1/day increase each January. I just have a full time rate so it just goes up $5/week each year.
Thank you that is what I was planning! Appreciate it! We are definitely worth a $5.00 a week raise yearly!
momofsix 05:32 PM 06-01-2012
I have never raised rates on current families.
What I do is when a new family comes in, then I will give them a higher rate than the current families. So I get a raise, but the families never have a rate increase. That also means some people are paying different fees than others, but it's never been a problem for me.
It's just what has worked for me.
There may come a time when that will have to change though-it's not something I promise my families or anything
Abigail 05:41 PM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I have never raised rates on current families.
What I do is when a new family comes in, then I will give them a higher rate than the current families. So I get a raise, but the families never have a rate increase. That also means some people are paying different fees than others, but it's never been a problem for me.
It's just what has worked for me.
There may come a time when that will have to change though-it's not something I promise my families or anything
How often do you have new families enrolling? What is the difference between your lowest vs. highest current rates?
Lucy 08:29 PM 06-01-2012
Only for new clients. Old ones stay the same unless they've been with me a long time (maybe 5-6 years), then I will give them a small raise.
Tags:raising rates, rate increase
Reply Up