Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Naming This Policy
BumbleBee 07:56 AM 02-05-2014
The "I don't need to hear about how much of a jerk, b*tch, *sshole, sl*t etc. Your spouse is." Policy.
Laurel 08:04 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
The "I don't need to hear about how much of a jerk, b*tch, *sshole, sl*t etc. Your spouse is." Policy.
I wouldn't make a policy. I would just tell them that I don't want to hear about any personal issues so please do not share them with me. Serious look on your face.
BumbleBee 08:10 AM 02-05-2014
I have, over and over. Walked away, ignored it. Keeps happening.
Laurel 09:23 AM 02-05-2014
I have, over and over. Walked away, ignored it. Keeps happening.
Wow, I guess I'd have to say "Didn't I ask you before NOT to tell me your personal business? Yet you continue to do so. Stop, I mean it."

Wow...just wow.

So sorry you are dealing with this.

Or I just had a thought. Do like I've heard some provider's do with the children. Put a cut out of a big ear on the wall and tell them to go tell it to the ear.

Laurel
Blackcat31 09:27 AM 02-05-2014
I Judge Judy's reply when she hears people "complaining" about their spouses, partners, ex's etc....

She says "YOU picked 'em!"

Then leaves it.

That is exactly what I would do. Over and over and over each and every time the parent complained.

Rinse and repeat.

Points the finger back at them. Might not be the finger YOU want to point at them, but still.....
e.j. 10:05 AM 02-05-2014
The "Keep It to Yourself" Policy
The "What Happens at Home, Stays at Home" Policy
The "Do I Look Like I Care?" Policy
The "Keep It Civil" Policy
The "Save the Drama for Your Mama" Policy

I don't know...I'm not that creative but I do know there should be a nice, large fee attached to it regardless of what you decide to call it! Payable in cash, prior to next drop off.
mia 10:12 AM 02-05-2014
counselor fees are extra.....

good luck..... I've been there and no matter what I did he still talked about his family problems .... they are no longer with me..... kids got to old for my program
craftymissbeth 10:17 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by mia:
counselor fees are extra.....

good luck..... I've been there and no matter what I did he still talked about his family problems .... they are no longer with me..... kids got to old for my program

"My 'gossip' fee is $150 cash up front."
daycarediva 10:20 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I Judge Judy's reply when she hears people "complaining" about their spouses, partners, ex's etc....

She says "YOU picked 'em!"

Then leaves it.

That is exactly what I would do. Over and over and over each and every time the parent complained.

Rinse and repeat.

Points the finger back at them. Might not be the finger YOU want to point at them, but still.....

My dcks will usually tell them to stop saying mean things. It's happened on more than one occasion. I just smile and say "Out of the mouths of babes, eh?"

I make this horrified shocked look, like she just told me she robbed a bank, and point to the kid while covering their ears. I LOATHE this behavior. Irks me to no end.
mountainside13 10:59 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:

"My 'gossip' fee is $150 cash up front."

I should have done that with a previous family! I would be rich!!
Unregistered 11:05 AM 02-05-2014
I'd call that "House rules" (along with other requirements.

Ex:
HOUSE RULES
~ Must be followed and may be grounds for termination if not

1. Children are respectful of adults and other children
2. Parents are to keep personal matters to themselves unless they directly affect the child. (i.e. example: No badmouthing, name-calling, etc of others; it IS OK to say "Johnny didn't pick up Joe today so Joe is upset" or "Sarah didn't make her visit today and this is the third cancellation so Suzie has been going through some things"
3. No physical abuse (ex hitting, slapping, spitting, etc)
4. No swearing

and you can just keep adding ! LOL
MarinaVanessa 11:18 AM 02-05-2014
DCP: "ugh, husbands are such jerks. Last night I was ..."
ME: "you know Susan, I'm sure you're stressed out at home sometimes. We all get that sometimes. I have to stop you right there. Children are more aware than adults give them credit for and I'm sure that little johny feels tension in your home when there's stress. My house is neutral territory where they don't have to be exposed to that ... and really Susan ... it really isn't any of my business and I really don't have a lot of time to talk about this". All said respectfuly with a big smile
Tags:divorced parents, house rules, parents - dueling
Reply Up