Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stone Soup
busymommy0420 03:15 PM 11-14-2011
Next Tuesday we are making stone soup to celebrate Thanksgiving at daycare. I asked all the parents in my daycare to help contribute. I was needing beef stock, carrots, potatoes, green beans, corn, cider, corn muffins and cookies. My daycare friends will help me put the items together in the crockpot in the AM and enjoy the smell cooking all day. We will feast in the afternoon when our school friends join us as our PM snack. We will read the story of stone soup and how sharing is a trait to be thankful for. I can't wait and the parents loved the idea. Does anyone else have a fun Thanksgiving celebration in daycare planed? Tomorrow we are making our hand print turkeys.

~B
Mommy to four...ages 15,11,2,2
Daycare Friend to five: ages 10,5,4,3 &2

SunflowerMama 03:39 PM 11-14-2011
I was thinking of something fun to do and this will be perfect. I didn't want to make a huge Thanksgiving dinner because they'll get that on Thursday, and didn't want to spend a ton so this will be great!!
daycare 03:49 PM 11-14-2011
no, hahah I am going to steal yours....with your permission of course....lol
misspollywog 03:54 PM 11-14-2011
What a great idea! Love this.

Would it be inappropriate to take the dck's to the local organic turkey farm and let them help me pick out a "friend" for Thanksgiving dinner?

Kidding of course!

Well, sorta lol.
daycare 04:32 PM 11-14-2011
eewww disturbing....lol

my sister had my son kill, pluck and all the other necessary things to eat a chicken for his 15th b-day. this was the first time he ever had meat in his life....
misspollywog 04:38 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
eewww disturbing....lol

my sister had my son kill, pluck and all the other necessary things to eat a chicken for his 15th b-day. this was the first time he ever had meat in his life....
OK, that is just MEAN!! I wouldn't do that. We actually might go pick out a young turkey for the petting zoo, not for dinner.

Cuz I am nice like that and don't want to traumatize the dck's.
busymommy0420 07:08 PM 11-15-2011
Thanks and go ahead and use this idea...I can't wait for our special day.

Mommy to four...ages 15,11,2,2
Daycare Friend to five: ages 10,5,4,3 &2

Sprouts 08:13 PM 11-15-2011
Yeah I think i would like to burrow stone soup idea too! I just got flash backs from being in elementary school and making a stone soup

I found this website where they make "lap books" and the lady explains it all on the video....let me know how you could make this more simple for pre-k age group for all of you experts out there

http://www.lapbooklessons.com/StoneSoupLapbook.html

and i guess you use real stones right???? do u have to make sure its a certain type of rock? Want to make sure I am not adding lead or any non wanted ingredients in there as well!!
Tags:recipe, soup, soup - stone soup
Reply Up