Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I Need A Ok To Pick Up List From Bio-Mom
familyschoolcare 11:55 AM 01-20-2012
The background …

DCD (parent not together) signed the two children up with my daycare on “his days”. (Wed-Tue) Because, this was a rotating schedule the children

can come on non-scheduled day for a small fee. As a result, the Bio-mom has used my service a few times on “her days” and paid the small fee.

When DCD signed the children up he put Bio-moms name and step Dad’s name on the list of people that can pick up. (and some others) Bio-Mom never did

fill out her own sheet.

What is happening now is that Bio-Mom is in the middle of leaving her hubby the step-dad. I know that police/the sheriff’s office is involved. Do not know

if there is a restraining order will find out more this afternoon. (Bio-Mom called today for me to pick up the kids)

I will be having DCD fill out a new form with out the step Dad’s name on it.

My question is do I need Bio-Mom to fill one out as also. The step-Dad does now where my house is and has been to it to pick the children up. I do not

know if he would try to take the children are not. If he did try to pick the children up and Bio-Mom’s name is DCD’s list and not his can I prevent him

from taking the children?
Cat Herder 12:37 PM 01-20-2012
I only have the custodial parent fill out the paperwork.

The one with PRIMARY PHYSICAL custody. NOT "joint custody".....

Let DCD deal with the rest of the drama...

This stuff can get out of hand pretty quick, otherwise.
Heidi 12:55 PM 01-20-2012
yep, one set of paperwork, both parents should sign it though. Do you use a state enrollment form? Does it have space for two signatures?

Even if your own personal contract is with one parent, not both, your enrollment form with emergency info and authorized pick ups should be seperate. Change it to reflect current authorization for pick up, and have BOTH parents sign that.

If you have two different forms for that, one for each parent, it would be a disaster. How could you prove if there was a question who had what day, etc? That puts you in a bad spot, for sure!

Here is our state form. If you don't have one, you could always plagerize it, I am pretty sure the state of WI wont mind:

http://dcf.wi.gov/forms/pdf/dcf_f_cfs0062.pdf
MarinaVanessa 03:54 PM 01-20-2012
Not sure if it works the same in all states but in my state (CA) I'd have one contract. Whether they both wanted to sign it or not is up to the parents but whoever signs it is the one that I do "business" with. If only a DCD signed the list then he is my client and whatever he wanted was what I would do (within the law). I would also require a custody order with specifics as to who has the child(ren) on what days and what times etc. and I would follow that. Other than that as far as I know the DCD and DCM can simply tell you verbally who cannot pick the child up until they have a new form in.

What the step-dad going to do if you won't let him take the kids? Call the police? They're not his kids. If DCM or DCD says don't let step-dad pick up then don't let step-dad pick up but have DCD fill out a new sheet without step-dads name on it asap.

I'd talk to bio-parents and see if they both wanted to and agree to be on the contract. That way both are responsible and you aren't caught in the middle. I hate signing up kids from two households without the other parent. The other parent's drama can sometimes ruin the DC arrangement.
familyschoolcare 07:55 PM 01-20-2012
Thanks for the responses.

I think I will just have DCD fill out a new form with out step-dad's name on it and not mention anything else. I know that Bio-Mom has the right to fill out

her own form, regaurdless to who has signed my contract. The children will most liekely be starting all five days with me next week or the week after.

So, if Mom thinks that it is a problem then I will let her fill out her own form.

There is not drama between the two parents, the potential dram is between the mom and her astranged hubby.
Unregistered 08:14 AM 01-22-2012
You have to go with whatever court orders say> If there aren't any, the bio-mom and bio-dad always have rights to p/u their children. If there are, it wouldn't matter who is on the list. Even if bio-dad is on the list, but it's Thursday, not his day, he can't fly by and pick up the child as the orders wouldn't allow for that without the mom calling and making an exception (i.e. emergency). I'd get a copy of their orders (if any). If not? You are obligated by law to release the child to his/her parents (that is pretty much for all states).
familyschoolcare 04:31 PM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You have to go with whatever court orders say> If there aren't any, the bio-mom and bio-dad always have rights to p/u their children. If there are, it wouldn't matter who is on the list. Even if bio-dad is on the list, but it's Thursday, not his day, he can't fly by and pick up the child as the orders wouldn't allow for that without the mom calling and making an exception (i.e. emergency). I'd get a copy of their orders (if any). If not? You are obligated by law to release the child to his/her parents (that is pretty much for all states).
I not worried about the Bio-parents picking up when not supposed but rather the step-dad who untill I get a new list form dad is the form as autherized to pick up.
Christian Mother 04:46 PM 01-23-2012
Use a verbal right now if the x comes to pick up. I don't think he'd come to pick the kids up but if he did then just advise him that you can't allow the kids to be released in his care per verbal from mom. Tell him you can make a call to mom and confirm that but do not allow the kids to leave at all in his care in fact. I wouldn't even answer the door to him but make that call right away. Then just make sure you have the new contract for dad to sign with the new pick up inform. on it. If he insists call the police and tell x that you can not release kids to him per mom and when the cops show up advise them of the situation. Those kids are not his so you shouldn't have any problems really.
Tags:custody, custody agreement, divorce, divorced parents, separated parents
Reply Up