Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>POTUS and FLOTUS Have Tested Positive for COVID19
Michael 01:01 AM 10-02-2020
Early morning news. It appear Hope Hicks was showing mild symptoms and tested positive. Those she came in contact with were also test including the President and 1st Lady who were Asymptomatic but test positive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/u...ump-covid.html
Josiegirl 03:04 AM 10-02-2020
Wow.

Yep, it's not real until it hits home.
Cat Herder 05:21 AM 10-02-2020
I don't understand the dramatic reaction from the stock market. I will research more, of course, but that was what piqued my interest this morning. Off to Forbes, I go.
Ariana 07:04 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I don't understand the dramatic reaction from the stock market. I will research more, of course, but that was what piqued my interest this morning. Off to Forbes, I go.
I think it’s a reaction to the possibility of death and someone else stepping in?
Cat Herder 07:41 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I think it’s a reaction to the possibility of death and someone else stepping in?
I read from several sources and this is what stuck with me and made the most sense. Democrats' are expensive.

"The news of President Trump contracting Covid-19 could completely change the direction of the campaign and adds to our already cautious outlook on the stock market," said James McDonald, the CEO of Los Angeles-based Hercules Investments. "[It] will elevate institutional money's preparation for a Democratic White House and all the tax, trade and budget implications that go along with it. We expect institutional investors to start de-risking portfolios and increasing hedges in preparation for market volatility."
MyAngels 07:59 AM 10-02-2020
I don't pretend to be particularly knowledgeable in the stock market arena, but, at least in my recollection, some of the best runs in the market have been during democratic presidencies haven't they (thinking Clinton and Obama)?

It seems to me that the market lags and sags or leaps and soars depending on the current news cycle.

Again, not an expert here

As far as the Covid diagnoses of the president and first lady, I hope they get through it easily and don't suffer any of the particularly nasty side effects that some have.
Tags:covid-19, president
Reply Up