Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training...DCM says undies...I say NO!
Unregistered 01:40 PM 06-08-2015
I have a DCG enrolled who recently turned 2. She is working on potty training, and usually goes if I take her and sit her on the potty. For the most part, she stays dry, and mom wants to try underwear, but I refuse to start that quite yet. My policy states that child must be accident free for 2 weeks, communicate they need to use the restroom, and wear clothing conducive to potty training (No overalls, one pieces, or onsies...to build child's confidence when they can do it themselves.) She had not had a consistent 2 weeks accident free, has never told me she needs to use the restroom (only goes when I take her), and still comes in onsies. Mom wants to just cold turkey into underwear, and I say she isn't ready. I do have a large in home program, and when my attention is on another child, she just wets her diaper and does not inform me that it is soiled. I have a carpeted play area, with soft fabric seating and toys...so not super easy to just clean. The way this mom has always been with me...I am full expecting her to just put her in underwear one day...and trying to figure out how to handle it.
Tags:potty trained - not, potty training
Up