Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Consider A Different Shift If It Was Temporary?
momofboys 04:34 AM 12-03-2010
I provide care for day shift workers. I only care for one family & times have been tough as a result. I was supposed to care for a baby then the mom got all wishy-washy & kept changing her start date (I was not charging her to hold the spot, I know bad idea!). Anyway, while I was waiting on baby I got many calls for care that I turned down b/c I thought baby was coming. Wrong. Now the only calls I get are for 2nd shift work something I don't want to do so I have turned them down but I really need to provide care for more than 1 family, this is not working out well for our finances. I just applied for a position for temporary 2nd shift (I'd be caring for one child from 4 pm - 10 pm) & it would only be 3 months. It sounds bad but it also sounds good to me because I have no evening children to care for but I know it will cut into my evening time with the kids. The child is 3 & so is my youngest son. FOr those who do provide 2nd shift care how does it impact your family time?
Tags:part time care
Up