Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Years?
DCMomOf3 06:45 PM 12-28-2010
Is anyone doing anything special in the way of crafts for the new year? I am having trouble finding anything for the toddlers to make.
laundrymom 06:54 PM 12-28-2010
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
Is anyone doing anything special in the way of crafts for the new year? I am having trouble finding anything for the toddlers to make.
We are doing pudding with cake sprinkles. Lol and we will have a marching in the new year parade.
melissa ann 04:15 AM 12-29-2010
I'm closed Friday but tomorrow we are having pajama day. As for crafts, we're going to take t.p rolls (you could also cut paper towel rolls) decorate the outside with either scrapbooking paper (with designs) or rubber stamp them. I will punch holes around one end and will tie ribbon around so they can wave it around. I'm also planning on make paper hats. I will help the kids write up their new year's to do list. Ex: make own bed, be nice to brother/sister etc.
Cat Herder 05:23 AM 12-29-2010
A "Don't drink and drive" poster???
Pammie 05:44 AM 12-29-2010
Every year we make New Year "time capsules"

I cut 2-liter soda bottles in 1/2 - and then the 2 pieces go back together to make the capsule.

Inside I put a photo of each child - and a group photo. The kids fill out a little questionnaire (I completed for the little ones)
Their favorite food:
Favorite book:
Favorite playtime activity:
Favorite tv show:
etc.
I hope in the new year I will:
I hope in the new year I will see:
I hope in the new year I will go to:
I hope in the new year I will learn:
etc.

The kids decorated the outside of their bottles with stickers and I attached instructions for the families not to open them until New Years Day 2012.
misol 10:41 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by Pammie:
Every year we make New Year "time capsules"

I cut 2-liter soda bottles in 1/2 - and then the 2 pieces go back together to make the capsule.

Inside I put a photo of each child - and a group photo. The kids fill out a little questionnaire (I completed for the little ones)
Their favorite food:
Favorite book:
Favorite playtime activity:
Favorite tv show:
etc.
I hope in the new year I will:
I hope in the new year I will see:
I hope in the new year I will go to:
I hope in the new year I will learn:
etc.

The kids decorated the outside of their bottles with stickers and I attached instructions for the families not to open them until New Years Day 2012.
Such a cute idea. I'm going to have to steal this.
Tags:crafts, new years
Reply Up