Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ringtones for Parents?
PitterPatter 05:31 PM 12-21-2011
Does anyone else set special ring tones for each parent so you know who is calling without looking at the phone?

I have 1 for everyone really. 1 parent I have a lot of problems with I have a funny ringtone matching her personality. Her child was playing with her phone as we waited for the sibling to get ready. The child accidentally dialed me and DCM heard the ringtone and I couldn't explain it so I just said "hmmm wonder why my cell rang like that."

Lord forgive me please!?

Why is it blocking the word ring t.o.n.e.s?
SilverSabre25 05:33 PM 12-21-2011
Heh, I don't have a cell, but I *am* trying to figure out why r i n g t o n e s is **'d out.
PitterPatter 05:36 PM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Heh, I don't have a cell, but I *am* trying to figure out why r i n g t o n e s is **'d out.
Maybe it pops up an alert for spam?

**** probably gets quicker attention than the word anyway.
JenNJ 05:49 PM 12-21-2011
I have a different ring/alert for calls and texts from my dc families. This way if I am busy, I know if I can ignore the text or I need to check it.
Michael 06:58 PM 12-21-2011
It was a spammed word once. It should be fine now.
Crazy8 07:06 PM 12-21-2011
I never thought of doing that but I totally should!! Even if I just set one ringtone for all of them - at least I'd know if its a daycare parent or not when the phone rings/texts.

Now to come up with the PERFECT song, LOL!
littlemissmuffet 09:41 PM 12-21-2011
I don't use a cell phone, but our home phone is set to ring diffrently for diffrent groups of people (my friends, hub's friends, family, daycare parents). My daycare parents have a loud, obnoxious ring so that I never miss it.
melskids 02:49 AM 12-22-2011
my neighbor has a friend who was over once for a bbq, and his cell phone rang. i almost pee'd my pants. it was this horrible LOUD honking horn and then said

"WARNING WARNING ITS THE WIFE!"

and i thought, geez, i need one of those for some of my DC parents....lol
PitterPatter 04:29 AM 12-22-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
my neighbor has a friend who was over once for a bbq, and his cell phone rang. i almost pee'd my pants. it was this horrible LOUD honking horn and then said

"WARNING WARNING ITS THE WIFE!"

and i thought, geez, i need one of those for some of my DC parents....lol
LOL that is reaaaally close to the one I have for a DCM. Talk about embarrassing! Hey I need a giggle to cope with her issues!
mismatchedsocks 04:55 AM 12-22-2011
I have my phone do a read out anytime anyone calls. So it says call from bobbys mom ( or however i have their name put in) if its not programed it says call from 1-2-6-2-etc.

I like this so if a parent is picking up, or i am in the middle of something i dont have to look to see who is calling.
MARSTELAC 05:05 AM 12-22-2011
I have "Twilight Zone" and "Halloween" tones for my daycare parents.
I have a different nice or funny tone for everyone else I know.

I have to share. We use our cell phones for our alarms. My husband has his set so it is like we are being gunned down with rapid gun fire in the morning. I jumped out of bed first time I heard that one. It usually works but just in case I have obnoxious birds and roosters for an alarm shortly after hubs alarm goes off.
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 12-22-2011
I don't have ring tones for anyone but our home phone has voice caller I D so when someone calls it "speaks" out the caller so we can hear who it is.

My DH's best friend's last name is Richardson. Each time they call, our phone says "Call from the Richardson's" only since it is computerized it actually comes out as "Call from the Retardson's"

Good thing they all have a great sense of humor!
SandeeAR 12:15 PM 12-22-2011
I have tones for ring and text for my parents.

My DH has a ring tone for when his job calls......."Take this job and shove it"!
kidkair 12:38 PM 12-22-2011
I have an android phone and so I can link it to my email too. When I first got it I tried to distinguish between texts and email notifications but every set up I tried didn't work. So I recorded the kids laughing one day and one said "You can't get us!" so I use that as my email notification and it reminds me I don't have to get the phone. For texts I convinced my 3 year old to repeatedly say "Check your phone" which reminds me that I need to go check if a parent has texted me. For normal call I have different ringtones for different friends and parents but they are all cute and won't offend anyone.
mema 12:39 PM 12-22-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I have tones for ring and text for my parents.

My DH has a ring tone for when his job calls......."Take this job and shove it"!

My hubby needs that! Especially when they call at 2am for something really dumb. His plan for the new year is a new job (well, that's been the plan for 9 months now) but his work password has something to do with taking the job and shoving it and I'm getting a new one-can't remember the saying, but using the 1st letters of each word When he logs in every morning he has to say the saying to himself just to remember the letters
PghGurl 08:17 PM 12-26-2011
I have my ring tone set so that it announces who is calling before it rings. It states call from "Courtney G". . . I have a friend that calls constantly and I programed his name in as don't answer, so when it rings it says call from bob don't answer lol
Tags:ringtones
Reply Up