Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>About The Kids I Just Took, DCM Doesn’t Want To Give Deposit
DaisyMamma 01:43 PM 08-22-2012
Well i just agreed on the two foster kids. They start tomorrow and the foster mom doesn't want to pay my required 2-week deposit, which covers the last two weeks of care and is forfeited if 2 weeks notice isn't given. I completely understand where she is coming from we she might get 3 days notice that the kids are going "home."
so I think what I need to do is have them on a drop in contract, and just have to tell her to choose to make a deposit or drop out if someone else inquires about the spots. Makes sense, right?
Maybe I will tell her to pay in advance on Mondays and if she drops out during that week she only misses out on that much pay??
Any other suggestions?
KBCsMommy 01:53 PM 08-22-2012
I have had dck's who were foster children and I understand the state can take the kids at any time. I never required any kind of deposit from situations like these or a 2 weeks payment upon termination of care by parents.

But I did make it ver clear to these parents that this only applied to the children being placed in a different home. If parent's decided to pull the children for any other reason they would still be required to give a 2 week notice or 2 weeks payment.
DaisyMamma 02:06 PM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy:
I have had dck's who were foster children and I understand the state can take the kids at any time. I never required any kind of deposit from situations like these or a 2 weeks payment upon termination of care by parents.

But I did make it ver clear to these parents that this only applied to the children being placed in a different home. If parent's decided to pull the children for any other reason they would still be required to give a 2 week notice or 2 weeks payment.
Sounds good. I see what you mean.
Heidi 07:27 PM 08-22-2012
Perhaps you could compromise: cover both of you

Have her give you ONE week's deposit, and pay you in advance each Monday. Write into the contract that if the children are moved by the state, you will return her deposit. Otherwise, the normal two week's notice applies.

You respect her position, she respects yours....
Sprouts 08:45 PM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:

Have her give you ONE week's deposit, and pay you in advance each Monday. Write into the contract that if the children are moved by the state, you will return her deposit. Otherwise, the normal two week's notice applies.

I like this idea too
SilverSabre25 05:05 AM 08-23-2012
If the most notice she's going to get is three days, have that be her deposit, if she's willing.
jojosmommy 11:23 AM 08-23-2012

I like this idea!
DaisyMamma 11:39 AM 08-23-2012

It's good, and I'm going to write up a contract over the weekend. Thanks everyone
Tags:deposit, foster
Reply Up