Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long to Wait For Deposit?
Unregistered 07:58 AM 10-09-2013
I have a family that interview a week ago Tuesday, asked for my references and said they'd like to put down a deposit. All my references have responded to the Mom. I told her this is my last opening for the days she needs and I have other families inquiring about it. It's been 8 days since the interview. Should I reach out? Or wait? And wait how long?
Leigh 08:02 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a family that interview a week ago Tuesday, asked for my references and said they'd like to put down a deposit. All my references have responded to the Mom. I told her this is my last opening for the days she needs and I have other families inquiring about it. It's been 8 days since the interview. Should I reach out? Or wait? And wait how long?
I would continue to interview until the deposit is in hand. You could send Mom a thank you for considering you, and let her know that you are interviewing other families, and that the deposit is the only thing that will hold the spot.
Unregistered 08:05 AM 10-09-2013
3 days for deposit and paperwork signed
Crazy8 08:14 AM 10-09-2013
Have you been in contact with her at all since the interview? If you haven't I would absolutely reach out to her and just let her know if she was still interested you need the deposit as you have other families waiting for an answer.
Normally I will send a quick follow up email about 2-3 days after the interview. If they are interested then they need to drop off the paperwork/deposit within a few days. If that email goes unanswered within a day or two I move on to the next person. I've had people get back to me weeks later thinking I just held a spot for them because they "expressed" interest during the interview. Yeah right.
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I would continue to interview until the deposit is in hand. You could send Mom a thank you for considering you, and let her know that you are interviewing other families, and that the deposit is the only thing that will hold the spot.
This. The parents may not know that.

I'd simply e-mail them thanking them for their interest and reiterate that the spot will NOT be held without the deposit.
Brooksie 09:41 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Agree.
Reply Up