Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quad Stroller
homeishere 01:59 PM 09-06-2016
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quad stroller?

I'm in the market for a new quad stroller as my group is much younger this fall. Does anyone have any experience with quad strollers?

All info appreciated. Thanks!
DaveA 02:03 PM 09-06-2016
I've had one of the Foundations folding quad strollers for several years and love. It fits in the back of my van when we go places and has held up really well
MarinaVanessa 04:04 PM 09-06-2016
It'll probably be more spendy than what you were looking for but I always recommend the in-line Runabout quad stroller. I spent around $1,200 about 3 years ago but I'm so grateful that I did. Even if you get a different stroller in the meantime I recommend getting one later even if you have to save up like I did.

Before I got this stroller I was spending about $150 every 2-3 years on a new stroller and I had 4 strollers all the time and depending on how may kids I had at the time I would use one for that number of kids. I had an umbrella stroller, double stroller, triple stroller and quad.

The Roundabout in-line stroller makes it easy for me to get through doorways and narrow sidewalks/pathways. I hated the side-by-sides which were so hard for me to take the kids on field trips with because I could never fit through regular doors.
The seats on the Roundabout come off and are sturdy so I can remove and replace the seats to the number I need easily (just screw and unscrew two knobs per seat by hand). So I can have one, two, three or four seats.
I drive a Toyota Sienna and when I collapse the handle (it raises and lowers to the height you need) and remove the back seat it fits in my trunk.
The blue pads and straps are removable and cleanable and the frame and seats can easily be soaped up, scrubbed and hosed off when needed.
Individual parts and accessories are replaceable.
The frame and seats are sturdy and last a LONG time. THe first one I got was given to me (it was an in-line triple stroller) and it was already 10 years old. I had it for about a year and loved it but needed that 4th seat so I bought a new one and gave the triple to another provider friend of mine who STILL has it and uses it. It's almost 14 years old.
The wheels are big jogger type and made for all terrain types so they won't get stuck. I even take my stroller in the sand at the park.
It has a hand brake just like a bike brake so stopping is really easy and going down hill is a breeze. The brake has a lock too so you can stay at a stop. There is also a "wheelchair" brake for the big tires.
The seats hold kids from infants all the way up to 60 lbs. The seats recline so that babies can lay back. My now 3 year old (front seat) and now 8 month old (back seat) have used the stroller since infants. I just put in one of those infant car seat inserts to help keep the teeny squishy's heads secure.
KiwiKids 05:30 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I've had one of the Foundations folding quad strollers for several years and love. It fits in the back of my van when we go places and has held up really well
I've had this one for 3 years and it has held up great!!
homeishere 06:40 AM 09-07-2016
Thank you! That in line stroller is the coolest thing, I'll for sure have to save up for that. I've never seen anything like it before.
Unregistered 12:37 AM 09-08-2016
I have the joovy sit n stand stroller ,I no there is a three seat stroller but not sure if they have a four seater.
Reply Up