Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking For An ONLINE ECE Degree Program
sunlight 01:38 PM 03-21-2017
Sorry if this post has already been asked!

I am thinking about an online Degree either at the minimum an AA in ECE or even a BS in ECE. Does anyone have an opinion of an online university that is accredited, affordable, and has a program that is user friendly?

Thank you all in advance!!
Blackcat31 01:55 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by sunlight:
Sorry if this post has already been asked!

I am thinking about an online Degree either at the minimum an AA in ECE or even a BS in ECE. Does anyone have an opinion of an online university that is accredited, affordable, and has a program that is user friendly?

Thank you all in advance!!
Have you checked with your area community college or state university?

Pretty much every one in my state offers online schooling or "distance learning" programs.

Options include, certificates, A.A., A.A.S., B.S and in some instances you can earn a master's on-line.
nanglgrl 01:55 PM 03-21-2017
http://www.hsidea.org/programs/ece/

Six colleges participate in this program. I will have a BS when I'm done and even though I'm currently in classes online via Oklahoma State University and Texas Tech University my degree will be from Iowa State University. You only apply to your "home" college. They all collaborate with this program and your degree comes from your "home" college and they may call it something different. TEACH pays for most of it, it's all online except practicum.
Mad_Pistachio 05:30 PM 03-21-2017
I'd suggest checking with your local community college, too. many offer online classes to fulfill the requirements for a degree (if you are up to taking stuff like math or public speaking online - you'll need them for AA). observations for ECE classes will need to be done offline, but most classes accept observations from work places (out of all I took only 2 had a teacher not accepting observations from place of employment - same for both classes).
most of my ECE classes were online because they are offered either over the www or in the evenings, and latter was not an option for me. public speaking and math I dared not take online, but you may be fine with that.
Leigh 06:36 AM 03-22-2017
Ask your licensor about options. Here, our state has a program that offers a CDA with 12 FREE college credits. Your best option may be to start with licensing (I know that mine is). Those CDA credits can be used toward an ECE degree.
Reply Up