Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dinner?
Daycare Mommy 11:57 AM 04-16-2010
Thinking of bringing on a daycare family with a 3 yo that would be here until 6:10 every day. At what point do you start including the daycare kids in dinner?. I normally get off at 5 and we end up eating right at 6-615, so I don't think I want to rearrange this and serve earlier. Snack is at 3:30. I don't know what the parents expect yet.. What do you all do meal-wise with kids that stay this late?
Childminder 12:11 PM 04-16-2010
If you are part of the food program dinner must be served no later than 6:30pm. You will be interrupted every day right in the middle of dinner. I would hope that the child is picked up promptly and just wait till he's gone to eat. That's what I do for the ones that are leaving at that time.
MarinaVanessa 12:18 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
If you are part of the food program dinner must be served no later than 6:30pm. You will be interrupted every day right in the middle of dinner. I would hope that the child is picked up promptly and just wait till he's gone to eat. That's what I do for the ones that are leaving at that time.
This is what I would do too. I stay open until 6pm but I start dinner earlier and wait until the last child is picked up to start eating dinner.
Daycare Mommy 12:28 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I'm not on the food program so that won't be an issue. I have been thinking about getting back on it though, so thanks for bringing that up. Definitely something to consider with this family picking up so close to the cut off.
DBug 12:39 PM 04-16-2010
My last kids don't get picked up til 6 - 6:30, but my family normally eats at 5pm. And since I already feed the kids breakfast, lunch and 3 snacks, I leave dinner for dc kids up to the parents (since there's no food program up here in the Great White North ). I tried holding off our family dinner til the dck's left, but that didn't work with our evening schedule. So, now my family eats at 5pm, and I have a scheduled dc snacktime at 5:30. The dc kids just play in the playroom (in sight of our table) while I eat with my family, and it seems to work out alright.
Daycare Mommy 12:43 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
This is what I would do too. I stay open until 6pm but I start dinner earlier and wait until the last child is picked up to start eating dinner.
That's what I was thinking of doing. I guess I was just wondering if the parents of kids picked up around 6pm generally eat dinner at daycare. And I'm a little worried about that dcgirl eating so late.. Unless they hit the drive-through or have the crock pot going every night her dinner would end up being pretty late.
Tags:dinner, food program
Reply Up