Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Has Anyone Seen These?
storybookending 06:50 AM 12-12-2018
Saw these advertised in my sponsored ads on Facebook today with the tag line “great for daycare”. I think it’s a clever idea and if you could customize the 4 pack that’s $12 with 4 different names I’d maybe consider it but honestly I just assign my kiddos a color when they start and they know well before a year what cup is theirs.
Attached: BDD24FA8-66AB-451C-AD87-333249EB6086.jpeg (127.7 KB) 
Cat Herder 06:53 AM 12-12-2018
Yes, they have been out for a while. The only parents that sent them in were both sets of twins, though.
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 12-12-2018
I've seen them as well. Their cute but I have no need for them here as we rarely have an infant in care and if we do, it's only one so no issues knowing who the bottle belongs to.

Plus, my state has gotten weird and we are to never have a "dirty" or "used" bottle out or left on counter/in sink. Immediately after feeding we are to wash the bottle.

Definitely a cute (but kinda pricey) idea though!
Baby Beluga 07:18 AM 12-12-2018
They are cute
I prefer these:

https://www.amazon.com/Labels-Self-L...l+labels&psc=1

$9 for a pack of 24 and they last. I use them to label DD's water bottles that she takes to school, DS's cups as well as the DCK's cups. I have labels that have been on for 2 years of daily washing and still look great.
LittleExplorers 07:35 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
They are cute
I prefer these:

$9 for a pack of 24 and they last. I use them to label DD's water bottles that she takes to school, DS's cups as well as the DCK's cups. I have labels that have been on for 2 years of daily washing and still look great.
I use something just like this, however a new mom just brought her bottles with the name in sharpie. She uses rubbing alcohol to remove it for the next kiddo.
gumdrops 07:36 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
They are cute
I prefer these:

I use these too. I like having their cups labeled for the moments that I blank stare at a cup wondering who it belongs to.
storybookending 07:40 AM 12-12-2018
The picture I saw advertising them for daycare had them on cups. The color coded cups work just fine for me. Was curious what some of you with +10 kids do for cups. I have a max of 8 but with ages typically can only keep 6 or 7 depending on how many are under 2. Although since we are to wash between each use anyways the “you get what you get” would also be fine without the assigned colors just as the plates and bowls and utensils are.

CH that is clever to use with twins! I have twin nephews but they are almost 15. I cannot remember what we did with their bottles and nuks and such as I was in jr high when they were born. I joke to my SIL (different one than had the first set) that her next pregnancy will be twins as they’ve started trying again after a miscarriage. I think caring for twins would be fun but now I’m hoping it’s a singleton when she does get pregnant again because I had a daycare mom tell me last night they are in the early stages of pregnancy. Child is due in July with a September start which is prefect as all my children will be 2 by then with two aging out to Kindergarten.
storybookending 07:41 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
I use something just like this, however a new mom just brought her bottles with the name in sharpie. She uses rubbing alcohol to remove it for the next kiddo.
I had a mom do this and it wore off on its own with continuous washing before rubbing alcohol was necessary. I only had one on bottles at the time and didn’t need them labeled anyways so it was fine.
Baby Beluga 08:00 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
The picture I saw advertising them for daycare had them on cups. The color coded cups work just fine for me. Was curious what some of you with +10 kids do for cups. I have a max of 8 but with ages typically can only keep 6 or 7 depending on how many are under 2. Although since we are to wash between each use anyways the “you get what you get” would also be fine without the assigned colors just as the plates and bowls and utensils are.

CH that is clever to use with twins! I have twin nephews but they are almost 15. I cannot remember what we did with their bottles and nuks and such as I was in jr high when they were born. I joke to my SIL (different one than had the first set) that her next pregnancy will be twins as they’ve started trying again after a miscarriage. I think caring for twins would be fun but now I’m hoping it’s a singleton when she does get pregnant again because I had a daycare mom tell me last night they are in the early stages of pregnancy. Child is due in July with a September start which is prefect as all my children will be 2 by then with two aging out to Kindergarten.
I only have 4, so I can't speak to this personally But the labels come in different colors, animals and other patterns (I believe 7 to 8 different colors/designs per package) Maybe assign a specific color/design/animal to a child so they can tell the difference themselves? Just a thought
Tags:labeling
Reply Up